Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    I don't work for either Palm or ATT. I just report the latest info. The OS is done. Must be the compatibility with the GMM release that's causing them to have to change things. (Just kidding GG).
    My post was in jest as well. It is absolutely amazing how dependent we have become on technology and how demanding we are for improvements. To think that 15 years ago, I was selling Gateway 2000 (when they were Gateway 2000) 486 DX2/66 desktops with 16MB of RAM and an 80MB hard drive for $3995 and people would wait on hold for an hour to buy them site unseen, and now we complain when our phones don't have the latest operating systems. Absolutely amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post

GG, once again, it goes without saying that our opinion's differ on the GMM's impact on this but we can do no more than speculate at this point--and probably never will know what really drove what but as of today we don't know.
    Agreed. Two weeks would lend credence to the original information I received about the 2 week delay on GMM release for "carrier certification". Perhaps some information got crossed
    According to the website mobilitytoday.com the update will not come until December (thats right - 12/2007!). This supposedly came from a source from within AT&T that has been on the money about other release dates. I guess only time will tell!
    I guess it's a case of it'll get here when it gets here.

I just wish ATT or Palm would stop acting like the release is top secret. Come out and say, it will be release on whatever date and be done with it. If they run into a snag, push the release date back.

Just don't get all the secretiveness of it all.
    I just ordered the AT&T Tilt today. We'll see how that works out. I'm love and hate the slider design about 50/50, and will greatly miss many of the features on the Treo. So we'll see how I adjust to my new home. At least I'll finally have Wifi again.
    But as I speculated I'm buying a new WM6 PDA before Palm even released WM6 for the Treo which is just plain sad. I still don't even have an official HSDPA upgrade for the Treo what.. 10 months after it's release? The advertised it at launch as an update that they haven't delivered.
    ARGH! Whatever....
    Quote Originally Posted by eneisch View Post
    According to the website mobilitytoday.com the update will not come until December (thats right - 12/2007!). This supposedly came from a source from within AT&T that has been on the money about other release dates. I guess only time will tell!
    If this was a real post, how about a link (or are you just winding us up?)
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    If this was a real post, how about a link (or are you just winding us up?)
    It was part of their podcast #96 at around the 28 min mark. Have a listen - it has alot of release info for upcoming AT&T upgrades and new phones.

Here's a link:

http://mobilitytoday.com/news/008035...day_podcast_96

So far AT&T missed the BlackJack WM6 upgrade date that is quoted already!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    My post was in jest as well. It is absolutely amazing how dependent we have become on technology and how demanding we are for improvements. To think that 15 years ago, I was selling Gateway 2000 (when they were Gateway 2000) 486 DX2/66 desktops with 16MB of RAM and an 80MB hard drive for $3995 and people would wait on hold for an hour to buy them site unseen, and now we complain when our phones don't have the latest operating systems. Absolutely amazing.
    Agreed. Then again the upside to this OS upgrade is that it actually makes the phone...a phone. I found WM5 utterly unuseable.

That being said, I'm in no hurry for the official upgrade as the leaked one is working great for me so far.
    Three different updates have been available/not available on Palm's European website since 1 September. First the update for Vodafone UK and the update for other European Vodafone countries were both available. The the UK one was temporarily unavailable and is now back up again. Now the non-UK update is temporarily unavailable. On the third update - the generic one - it says "Coming soon"...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12