1.    #1  
    I just got a replacement 700wx for one that broke from verizon and I was wondering is there supposed to be a black space all the way around the screen? i dont remember this on my other treo and if its not supposed to be there how do i get rid of it? thanks
    i have about a 1/16" border around my screen and i havent found a way to get rid of it .
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have never noticed that before you mentioned it. Thanks a lot. Now we all get to be upset that we lose even more of our small screen.

Just joking.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I just noticed this a few days ago. I was just happy not to have the white border from the Palm, but yeah, it seems like a lot of wasted space. I don't think it's fixable, I just think the active part of the screen is smaller than the Treo's physical screen area.
  5.    #5  
    damn... i was hoping that there was just a setting that got reset or something lol
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Windoes Mobile 5 = 240*240 & Windows Mobile 6 = 320*320 in terms of screen size. Thats a major reason I would love it if they were to release & WM6 Rom update but.........
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Windoes Mobile 5 = 240*240 & Windows Mobile 6 = 320*320 in terms of screen size. Thats a major reason I would love it if they were to release & WM6 Rom update but.........
    But we are not that special to Palm.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    If they released an WM6 update, you would probably need to change out your screen hardware too to get the 320x320.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Man View Post
    If they released an WM6 update, you would probably need to change out your screen hardware too to get the 320x320.
    I doubt that because its a limitation of the OS & not the hardware & thats why we have the black border.
    It's a hardware and software limitation with the 700wx screen. Shadomite and others verified this.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Even the 320x320 screens have that border, and if you roll on over to Engadget Mobile they show the new Palm Centro that FINALLY doesn't have this dark border.

And the screen is indeed 240x240, and you would need a new device for 320x320. Too bad, but the wx isn't getting wm6 anyway.