1.    #1  
    first of all, i am trying to get mp3 ringtones. can i use activesync and the cable that came with it to put them on my phone or do they have to go on the removable media card?

also, it always tries to connect to broadband (say when i get a pix message) and cannot, says that my username and password is wrong and wont connect (keep in mind, i have pay as you go data and do NOT want to use data, just want to get pix messages and stuff...)

lastly, i tried to d/l a program called HTC x button and some themes, i can get them and install them on the Treo, but for some reason cannot find the program anywhere. and i see the theme pop up under themes, but it doesn't apply. what could i be doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by rightcoastsurf View Post
    also, it always tries to connect to broadband (say when i get a pix message) and cannot, says that my username and password is wrong and wont connect (keep in mind, i have pay as you go data and do NOT want to use data, just want to get pix messages and stuff...)
    MMS (picture messaging) on a Treo (and other Smartphones) requires a data connection. If you have blocked data you'll not be able to send/receive MMS picture messages.

Don't know about your other questions.

-Frank
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    MMS (picture messaging) on a Treo (and other Smartphones) requires a data connection. If you have blocked data you'll not be able to send/receive MMS picture messages.

Don't know about your other questions.

-Frank
    my data is not blocked it is pay as you go. if i understand, i should be able to get pix msgs w/o paying extra for the data
    Quote Originally Posted by rightcoastsurf View Post
    my data is not blocked it is pay as you go. if i understand, i should be able to get pix msgs w/o paying extra for the data
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$ $will$ $count$ $against$ $both$ $your$ $text$/$pix$ $message$ $plan$ $and$ $your$ $data$ $plan$ ($per$ $KB$).

If someone tells me I'm wrong, I can accept that.

As far as not being able to connect to the Internet reliably, if you have VZW you need to make sure you have the latest software fix (_-1.22) released on 18 September. This update fixes the intermittent Internet connection issue.

If your username and password are really wrong, reprogramming with *611 option 1 should fix that.

-Frank
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$ $will$ $count$ $against$ $both$ $your$ $text$/$pix$ $message$ $plan$ $and$ $your$ $data$ $plan$ ($per$ $KB$).

If someone tells me I'm wrong, I can accept that.

As far as not being able to connect to the Internet reliably, if you have VZW you need to make sure you have the latest software fix (_-1.22) released on 18 September. This update fixes the intermittent Internet connection issue.

If your username and password are really wrong, reprogramming with *611 option 1 should fix that.

-Frank

thanks, also can i use activesync to upload mp3's or can i only use removable media?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    YEs you can use Active Sync to move mp3's onto your phone. But I would recommend that you keep them on a SD Card.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx