1.    #1  
    I got an email from Amex announcing a mobile interface to check your account information from your wireless web browser. It sounds cool, but I haven't tried it yet. I was wondering - is the process of accessing a secure site (such as this one is sure to be) any more/less risky than accessing it over a wi-fi network?

Obviously, a hard line with the proper precautions is the most secure, but I'm fairly comfortable doing things on my wireless networks as I've locked them up as tight as possible. I still make sure I'm careful, though.

I'd love to be able to get into my acct info this way, but I'm hesitant to enter that specific data on my phone. Should I care? Or is a secure site a secure site any way you cut it? I have Sprint, but I imagine this would apply to any wireless carrier.
    END OF LINE
  2.    #2  
    buuuuump

Seriously? Nothing?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    buuuuump

Seriously? Nothing?
    If they're using the HTTPS protocol, which I guarantee they are, then it's the same level of encryption as your desktop. It's as secure as you can get, without tunneling or some other advanced techniques.

You'll also probably have to use Opera Mini to do it, just fyi.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Mal - I'll check it out...
    END OF LINE