Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hello,

I have a wx with old firmware (1.14), and am trying to pair to my morotola s9. It sees it and prompts me for the passcode, but when I give it the standard 0000, it just comes back and says the network failed or the passkey is incorrect. I'm a newbie with the wx (have had PalmOS Treos for the past three years and the S9 worked fine on the 700P as well as my iPod via BT adapter), so I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Do I need to configure com ports or what? This is a pretty new phone and I did a hard reset when I got it and have only put on Google Maps and In Demand, and that's it so far! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

My S9s work just fine with my Verizon 700wx. use them all the time. No COM ports needed or anything like that - straight outta the box.

Don't know what to tell you dude....
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Argh, my damn laptop was connecting to it and thus preventing it from pairing!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    If I am not mistaken you will need to update to firmware _1.22 in order for the headphone to work properly. That was part of the reason for the update was to support Bluetooth headsets.

I have the S-9 and they work great. For walking, running and bike riding volume is good, while cutting the grass I they could use more volume though. From what I read in some other reviews if you sweat very profusely they are not as water proof as MOTO would have you believe.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    If I am not mistaken you will need to update to firmware _1.22 in order for the headphone to work properly. That was part of the reason for the update was to support Bluetooth headsets.

I have the S-9 and they work great. For walking, running and bike riding volume is good, while cutting the grass I they could use more volume though. From what I read in some other reviews if you sweat very profusely they are not as water proof as MOTO would have you believe.
    Nope, this has nothing to do with A2DP. The S9 also has the regular headset profile and that was what i was trying to get working. It was a problem with my laptop connecting to the S9 before the wx had a chance to, thus blocking it. Once I removed it from my laptop, it paired easily...

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I had seen that you got them paired ok. Just an observation. If your were going to use them for music you may run into problems. If you are using them in the "hands free" mode you shouldn't have a problem. Only the left side speaker works anyway when in "hands free" mode. Good luck!!
    I love the S9 for music, but anyone I call can't hear me talking, especially in the car.

Is there anyway to adjust the outgoing call volume with a bluetooth, and the S9 especially?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post

If you use TCPMP or one of the other media players other than WMP most have a preamp setting so you can boost the volume higher which works well for cutting the grass

I am going on my 3rd pair on this headset (warranty exchange) because of the water resistance issue, the controls get shorted out or start acting very strange. This last pair it started happening within a week...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Thank you for the info!!