1.    #1  
    Is there software that you use to watch a webcam from a Treo to monitor activity and find out which dog is destroying the house?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    Is there software that you use to watch a webcam from a Treo to monitor activity and find out which dog is destroying the house?
    Sure is- and works great- (about 30 seconds to a minute delay viewing trought the website)- my 11 year old daughter just finished giving my mother (who lives overseas) a walking tour of our newly remodeled kitchen-

and (at least so far) it's free!!

http://www.comvu.com/

Mark
    Treo 700wx Sprint
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    just realized that's not what you aked for- this is using treo as a webcam-
    you can download ORB.com though and watch your webcam through that (and any videos on your computer as well- and live TV if you have a tuner card-)

Mark (again)

Or you can still use the comvu link above and download the pc version- but the proprietary comve/pocketcaster viewer on the treo is kinda small to watch the pc webcam- but pretty clear- for your purposes - I think orb will work better- you watch it in media player (or TCPMP, of course)
    Last edited by marksr; 09/23/2007 at 10:41 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I used to use Orb for watching a tv tuner card. I had tried it once with webcam and it worked fine. I guess I could install it on my laptop.

I will check out Comvu too.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Deskshare's Webcam Monitor can stream and you can view that on your PDA using Windows Media Player. It's a bit tricky to set up (URL is mms:// plus your IP address and the port and if memory serves you have to end the URL with /* in order for it to work on Windows Mobile - that's a poorly documented secret that I think I read in a forum somewhere), and it isn't cheap either. Yawcam is free but doesn't stream with WM (you can stream to a PC using a java applet or javascript, but it doesn't seem to work on my phone). WillingWebcam is another possibility, but I haven't tried it for streaming.

After setting up 2 cameras, my dog always goes into the rooms that don't have cameras in them! Fortunately he's well behaved and doesn't destroy things.