1.    #1  
    Okay, whats everyone's take on getting an anti-virus software for my Treo 750? Worth it for piece of mind or overkill for an non-existant threat?
    Never heard of anyone getting a virus but the admins on here probably know better. Now that WM5/6 is showing up on more devices you might have a better chance, not to mention that you basically have a constant internet connection so in theory you could be hacked. If you have financial information such as bank accounts or credit card or even detailed personal information maybe more of an issue. I don't have anything personal other than my contacts and my owner info so I am not that concerned.

Curious how the experts respond....
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Considering the resources antivirus software generally takes and the unlikelihood of getting a WM virus, I don't use any. A firewall app might be useful, but not AV for the time.

Going commando works for me
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Symantec was working in on antivirus product for Windows Mobile that did other things too. When I looked at it there were no actual viruses in their virus database. I'm sure that at some point there will be real viruses for Windows Mobile, but it's not something I would concern myself about at this time. More of a concern are people writing Trojan horse type programs which you download and run them and they do something awful to your device.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I'm sure that at some point there will be real viruses for Windows Mobile, but it's not something I would concern myself about at this time. More of a concern are people writing Trojan horse type programs which you download and run them and they do something awful to your device.
    I wrote anti-virus but I really was thinking of a security suite that protects against virus, trojans, and any other types of malware that might be floating around.

But it appears that its probably more hype than reality at this point in time.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    When I first got a ppc phone (6600 I believe) I tried AV software. Just a waste. Eats up memory and slows the phone down (runs in the background obviously) for no reason. Until a virus actually comes out I wouldn't even think about wasting money on an AV program again.

BUT, I keep no valuable info on my phone, and I hard reset very often anyway.