1.    #1  
    Ok I did a search for this problem and I came up with the "SIP" disable hack thingy, so I currently have the keyboard disabled so that it won't pop up and get in the way, but is there any way to actually remove it completely from the screen? I'm talking remove it like people remove their battery meter, so that way it is no longer visible and it no longer functions. I absolutely hate the damn thing.

Thanks in advance!
    Treo 700wx
    HTC HOME PLUGIN | THREADED SMS
  2.    #2  
    Nobody?
    Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanity_x View Post
    Nobody?
    Hey urbanity...

Short answer: nope, can't do it.

The closest you can do is use something like Tweaks2k2, you can delete or "hide" all the default SIPs. I'm not sure what exactly happens if you get rid of them all--maybe that will do what you want?

You can also probably delete all the SIPs in the registry, but once again I'm not sure what happens/ it looks like.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Malatesta,

Thank you for the reply. I wouldn't go as far as to say I need everything deleted from the device, but to be able to hide the keyboard icon as well as disable the thing would be wonderful!

I already have

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\AllowChange=0

so that the keyboard is disabled, but making the keyboard "invisible" would suffice. I would have to use tweaks2k2 on my Treo? Is there a manual registry edit somewhere that has the details so I don't have to install tweaks2k2?
    Treo 700wx
    spb pocket pc tips & tricks will allow you to hide any, or all and rename them.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanity_x View Post
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ControlPanel\Sip \AllowChange=0

so that the keyboard is disabled, but making the keyboard "invisible" would suffice.
    This little trick works, but causes major issues with other programs on an 800w.