Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I figured if anyone knew the answer it would probably be someone on here. I have two minor problems with my 750 running the AT&T WM6 rom.

1. The first is that text messages coming through all show a time stamp which is one hour behind. For example, the phone shows that the current time is 4:30pm (I have set it to use network time) and if I receive a text message it's time stamped 3:30pm. Does the time get pulled from the tower? Maybe it's an issue with T-Mobile's time on the tower, but I don't think so because my current time is correct and I have it taking the time from the network. Any ideas?

2. Second, I'm having some issues with the bluetooth connection in my car (Audi). This isn't an "all the time" problem, but happens about once every 3-4 times I'm in the car. The phone pairs perfectly, doesn't drop the connection and transfers the phonebook without problem. However, people occasionally tell me that the connection sounds really bad. I heard it last night when I called my voicemail and it just sounded horrible. I could barely make out the automated voice. It's not my signal, as I have full bars when it's happening and next time I got in the car (about 20 minutes later) in the exact same location it sounded perfect. It appears that the bluetooth connection is just not connecting 100% correctly every time.

Aside from that, this phone has actually been better than I thought it would be and WM6 does a great job overall.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by mcapiro; 09/21/2007 at 09:48 AM.
    No clue on the time stamp sorry.

As for the bluetooth issue I would suggest repairing. Delete the pair and try it again.

I have a BMW and it actually works very well for me now. I use the Jetware software which among other things allows the signal stregth meter to display in my car but I honestly don't know if it improves quality--I actually doubt that it does.

I find that I have some issues if I try to make or receive a call right as I get in my car or if I hang up and quickly dial a new number but as long as I wait about 2 mins after the first time I get in my car and maybe about 5 seconds after a call ends I am very happy now. Much better than my initial experiences which were infrequent and horrible.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Dsol, thanks for the response. Are you using WM5 on your treo? I was under the impression that Jetware was only needed if you were on 5. I see the signal strength in my car without installing the software. I'll also try to see if it only happens when I first connect to the car. I hadn't noticed any pattern, but it doesn't mean that there isn't one.
    I am using WM6 but I already owned it with WM5 so I just carried it forward. I still think the signal strength meter wouldn't show up in my BMW without it but I could be wrong. Maybe Audi's never had the problem. I do know that Audi's had very similar disconnecting problems.

I think my problems are also compicated because I use GMM and it does not (as of yet) use the native Treo contacts so it actually transfers over numbers as they build in my call log not from my directory.

Did you try and re-pair. I have no proof but I think you can have a bad pair and then get problems. Mine never has to re-pair anymore although occasionally as I stated above in my earlier post the connection doesn't seem to happen--but very infrequently.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have tried to re-pair the phone a couple of times since I started having the problems. Unfortunately, it hasn't seemed to help. The strange part is that it is intermittent. At least if it were something consistent I could probably find more people with the same problem. Maybe someone else will pipe up with a similar experience. If not, I may just try to newest WM6 rom from 3 this weekend and hope that it fixes any problems.
    I do know that the bluetooth stack on the 750 is not Windows it is actually written by Palm which supposedly is the root of the problem.

I would download the leaked AT&T ROM (see the other thread) and try that. I am betting that will help because not likely a hardware issue as it happens only sometimes.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I agree, Palm has done a number on the Bluetooth stack according to what I've read. It is much better with WM6 but obviously still not perfect. I am currently running the AT&T rom, that's why I was hoping that the newer 3 rom would possibly fix the issue. From what I've read so far, people really like it. I'll update when I try it this weekend.
    Another problem I noticed with WM6, I have vodafone edition upgraded to wm6. If I resend one of the message at sent folder, other messages are also sent which i did not select.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Looks like the WM6 Australian version (2.19) has quite a bit under the hood as well. Updated to this version and it seems to have fixed my bluetooth problems. Not only have I had no "bad" calls in the past 48 hrs, everyone tells me that it sounds much better overall. I also noticed that they have also changed the band selection in the phone settings. It appears that you can no longer select GSM only. Oh well, battery life does not seem to have suffered.

I am still getting the wrong time stamp on sms messages so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks