1.    #1  
    Hey guys, i need help please....when i install the driver for Treo700wx i have an error that wouldnt open because its an INF file . My OS (vista) only recognizes EXE. If anyone knows a solution for this pleasseeee....let me know...THANKS!!

are you using the cd that came with the treo? ..i loaded mine just fine the only thing that would not load is the BT program but vista comes prebulit with it so thats fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by 24267 View Post
    Hey guys, i need help please....when i install the driver for Treo700wx i have an error that wouldnt open because its an INF file . My OS (vista) only recognizes EXE. If anyone knows a solution for this pleasseeee....let me know...THANKS!!

1) Uninstall whatever you have installed (you didn't say). Reboot.

2) Download the latest Windows Mobile Device Center from MS at this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx (Active Sync will not run on Vista)

-Frank
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx (Active Sync will not run on Vista)

-Frank
    will try it....THANKS!!!
  5.    #5  

-Frank
    COOL! i was able to download. Is there any driver for treo700wx compatible for VISTA for DUN (dial up networking) - THANKS!
    COOL! i was able to download. Is there any driver for treo700wx compatible for VISTA for DUN (dial up networking) - THANKS!
    It's built-in to Vista and the above download.

-Frank
  7.    #7  
    It's built-in to Vista and the above download.

-Frank
    Got the DUN installed. Got another problem though, - have an error 680: no dial tone. - everytime i make a connection....

i appreciate all you help!
    Got the DUN installed. Got another problem though, - have an error 680: no dial tone. - everytime i make a connection....

i appreciate all you help!
    Some thoughts...

Before connecting your Treo to the PC with the USB cord for a DUN session, activate your Treo modem thusly (on the Treo): Start | Programs | Modem Link | Activate. Then connect. Retry.

Also, make sure you are using the correct Dial up connection. In Vista, go to Manage Network Connections like this: Start | right-click Network | Properties | Manage Network Connections. If you have installed too many devices, delete one by highlighting it and hitting the delete button. Make sure you are clicking on the correct Treo Dial up connection.

Also Right-click directly on the Dial up connection and choose Properties. Use the pull-down to make sure the connection is set to use your Treo and not your built-in PC modem. (your Treo has to be connected before you can see it as a choice).

Retry.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 09/20/2007 at 08:02 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Some thoughts...

Before connecting your Treo to the PC with the USB cord for a DUN session, activate your Treo modem thusly (on the Treo): Start | Programs | Modem Link | Activate. Then connect. Retry.

Also, make sure you are using the correct Dial up connection. In Vista, go to Manage Network Connections like this: Start | right-click Network | Properties | Manage Network Connections. If you have installed too many devices, delete one by highlighting it and hitting the delete button. Make sure you are clicking on the correct Treo Dial up connection.

Also Right-click directly on the Dial up connection and choose Properties. Use the pull-down to make sure the connection is set to use your Treo and not your built-in PC modem. (your Treo has to be connected before you can see it as a choice).

Retry.

-Frank
    Got it working....im using it as we speak...THANKS a bunch!
    Got it working....im using it as we speak...THANKS a bunch!
    Great!

-Frank