Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Maybe could have changed to a family plan (if not already on one) and added a line. Then return the whole thing, plan and all, when your Treo came in.

-Frank
    I have found no problems after using the latest update for >1 day except one: it disrupted my activesync over bluetooth. The change was that the 'Partnership Settings' for my laptop bluetooth connection contained a "Serial Port" checkbox instead of an "ActiveSync" checkbox. To fix, I pressed 'refresh' several times and after a few tries a popup said "Bluetooth wants to connect to Bluetooth" for which I chose "OK", then the "Serial Port" checkbox was replaced with the "ActiveSync" checkbox. Once selecting this "ActiveSync" checkbox, my bluetooth activesync indeed works again. Did anybody else have this problem? I know my computer is not at fault since I run the program DeepFreeze on my Windows partition which literally makes that partition read-only over reboots, and I had rebooted shortly before this finding.

Hope this helps others.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
    Thank you! I already tried the 1.10 update which I had saved and it said that the version I currently have installed is greater than the one I'm trying to install. Even so, I'd love to give it a shot. Sending PM now, thanks.
    I guess it's not really 1.20, but rather 1.22 (Rev 0)? Anyway, release date was 7/15/07. I'll reply to your PM shortly with a location (35mb it's a bit large to e-mail).
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    I guess it's not really 1.20, but rather 1.22 (Rev 0)? Anyway, release date was 7/15/07. I'll reply to your PM shortly with a location (35mb it's a bit large to e-mail).
    Mixan and everyone else - thank you all for your offers. I went to another Verizon "tech" store and they hooked me up big time. They swapped out my phone with a refurbished one that they had in stock. It sucks that I lost all my programs and a bunch of data, but at least I have a phone now. This phone came loaded with the first 1.22 version, so I'll update it to the new rev, should go smoothly hopefully.

Again, thank you all for your help!
    The only connection issues I've experianced with the "older" 1.22 update was terrible intemittant blue tooth connections. Any idea if this "new" 1.22 update solves blue tooth issues?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    The only connection issues I've experianced with the "older" 1.22 update was terrible intemittant blue tooth connections. Any idea if this "new" 1.22 update solves blue tooth issues?

Thanks,
    Tom
    DUN or Headset?

I solves intermittent Internet connections. More accurately, it solves the multitude of failed initial Internet connections before finally succeeding. I now connect first-try every time. It solves this for native connects, DUN USB, and DUN with BT.

I believe the orignal 1.22 update did also address some BT Headset issues as well. I don't use a headset so I'm not up on it. However, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $newly$ $released$ $update$ $_$-$1$.$22$ ($18$ $Sep$ '$07$) $does$ $not$ $address$ $any$ $BT$ $issues$ $specifically$.

-Frank
    I'm getting the cannot connect to #777 error. This patch would fix it?
    I would get the "cannot connect to #777 error" at least 3-5 times EVERY time I tried to connect to data before the update. I did the update last week, and I connect the first time EVERY time since then!!! They finally got it!!!

P.S. Yes, the patch should fix it!!!
    "By: coredump at Today 10:38 AM

I'm getting the cannot connect to #777 error. This patch would fix it?"

Yep!

-Frank
    great. gonna patch now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    DUN or Headset?

I solves intermittent Internet connections. More accurately, it solves the multitude of failed initial Internet connections before finally succeeding. I now connect first-try every time. It solves this for native connects, DUN USB, and DUN with BT.

I believe the orignal 1.22 update did also address some BT Headset issues as well. I don't use a headset so I'm not up on it. However, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $newly$ $released$ $update$ $_$-$1$.$22$ ($18$ $Sep$ '$07$) $does$ $not$ $address$ $any$ $BT$ $issues$ $specifically$.

-Frank
    Frank,

I guess I would have to to say the issues are with bluetooth headset, although I'm actually using it with the hands free communication of my Garmin Nuvi 670. It worked okay [sometimes would go in and out] on my old Treo 700W with v1.10, but with the my "newer" 700WX running the original v1.22, the blue tooth comes and goes about every 2 minutes, making it virtually useless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well i have a newer 700wx and unlimited data and all seems to work fine for me so I dont really think i am going to use the update, i have tossed the thought back and forth and am afriad of flubbing it up like my old 700w was
    since i dont use bluetooth do i really need the update?
    any thoughts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Anyone notice that the font has changed on the caller id number? Is this a result of the updater?
    Mitch
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch11 View Post
    Anyone notice that the font has changed on the caller id number? Is this a result of the updater?
    Mitch
    Not for me.

-Frank
    I reluctantly updated. connection problems are virtually gone, remarkable improvement. I can also say BT is no worse, perhaps even better.

On a BT note, I never really had connection problems connecting wirelessly to my PC or GPS, just the headset (which seems like where most of the complaints are coming from on this forum). I wonder why that is, but I digress from this forum thread...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Does this solve the speakerphone issue (if anyone else even had that issue)?

I found that with the update, not only did the "easier" upgraded speakerphone access not work (i.e. tapping the on-screen icon did nothing), but it also disable the conventional access route via the right menu key. This was working perfectly before the update and then stopped working afterwards. Does the updated update (?!) fix this?
    My firmware update is ver 1.22 rev 0.
    Is it necessary to contact *288 after update to ver 1.22 rev 1? please advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by stingjoel View Post
    My firmware update is ver 1.22 rev 0.
    Is it necessary to contact *288 after update to ver 1.22 rev 1? please advice.
    There is no "Rev 0" amd "Rev 1".

There is:

TREO700WX_-1.22-VZW (latest release - note the underscore)
    and...
    TREO700WX-1.22-VZW (early release)

Check yours at Start | Settings | About | Phone Tab.

Yes, you have to do a *288 Option 1 after running either update.

-Frank
    Just installed it, and works like a champ, complete with initial connection. I always had problems connecting after doing a voice call, and had to recycle the phone modem. Not anymore.

But I'm curious about this, as I have (well, had, before now) some problems in VZW 1X areas - where the phone doesn't come out of dormant mode much of the time in VZW 1X areas ONLY. It comes out in Alltel roaming 1X areas, and of course, EVDO works fine.

So, does this apply? Even when I'm in a 1X area and not switching?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    You can set the 700wx to EVDO or X1 only thusly:

Dial #*#33284 (choose EVDO, x1 or Auto)

Note: While in EVDO-only you cannot receive or place voice calls!
    This doesn't work for me.

#*#33284 brings up the standard DEBUG screen, with no option to choose EVDO, 1X or "Auto" that I can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    This doesn't work for me.

#*#33284 brings up the standard DEBUG screen, with no option to choose EVDO, 1X or "Auto" that I can see.
    ****! Sorry... yes, that is the Debug number...

Use this for toggling EVDO/1x

#*#3836

Typo! Sorry.

-Frank
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast