Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustGags View Post
    Ok,

So I have the Treo 700w (Verizon) and the Jabra JX10. With the A2DP release in this update... should I be able to listen to music over the headset?

...if so, I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Thanks!
    You will have to buy a stereo headset to be able to stream music over bluetooth when using a Treo.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by rskinner View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I signed up at Palm.com to be notified when it was released, but I didn't receive such notice.
    I signed up for the email notification too. I received my email today at 12:30pm Mountain time. About 18 hours after I had applied the update

Oh... it went into my MS Outlook 2003 junk mail.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Will this update affect my threaded SMS, Hannip's A2DP bluetooth, and will it affect my ability to use PDAnet to use my phone as a modem undetected?
    If i update do it do a hard reset and if i do a backup on my sd card and i restore it back on my treo or will it bring me back before the update
    Quote Originally Posted by fostermom View Post
    If i update do it do a hard reset and if i do a backup on my sd card and i restore it back on my treo or will it bring me back before the update
    The update is designed to install over your existing apps after a soft reset. I just removed the battery and reinserted it. You should not lose anything at all (non-destructive update).

Also, you are prohibited (by the instructions) from doing a complete backup before and restore afterward. That would restore many unwanted "old" files.

Just do the update and then do a backup afterward.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 09/20/2007 at 08:03 AM.
    just finish my first update and so far everything and to the person who wanting
    know about pdanet it is fine that how i am tying this forum .that for let me know about the updates
    Does anyone know if there is a way to apply this update without using ActiveSync? I do not use ActiveSync, any programs that I have installed I have just downloaded the .cab files and Resco Explorer to install.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bum View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to apply this update without using ActiveSync? I do not use ActiveSync, any programs that I have installed I have just downloaded the .cab files and Resco Explorer to install.
    To install this update and all updates for the Treo 700 you have to use Active SYnc but you can do this in Guest mode so you don't have to sync other than the update.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I did my update last night (I had the previous version 1.22 on mine already), it took about 3 1/2 minutes, and so far (crossing fingers) my data connection hooks up on the first try every time!!!!

Could it be> Did Palm actually get it right this time??
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    You will have to buy a stereo headset to be able to stream music over bluetooth when using a Treo.
    Once this is done, what is the procedure to route the audio over bluetooth vs. the built-in speaker?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Well, after you pair it, then go to the3 newly paired headset and click & hold the name, & select Set as Wireless Stereo
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post

Oh... it went into my MS Outlook 2003 junk mail.

-Frank
    That's really ironic... Microsoft's emails blocked by Microsoft's outlook
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    That's really ironic... Microsoft's emails blocked by Microsoft's outlook
    Not a MS email... came from Palm Inc [PalmInc@News.palmnewsletters.com].

-Frank
    Wow am I the only one with the update issues? Here's what happened:

I was on 1.10 until this afternoon. I ran the update to the new _1.22 and it never completed and just stayed hung for 2 hours. The instructions said to wait until 30 minutes of inactivity and then unplug if nothing happened. So then i unplugged it and restarted the process like the directions said. This time it completed but now the Phone radio is DEAD.

The PDA functionality is fine but the PHONE part won't turn on no matter what I do. Here's where it gets weird.. Even though the phone is off, I can still get data. I can browse to any site I want etc but can't make or receive phone calls. wtf?

I called Palm and their Level 2 tech guy said they've had 5 more cases of this reported today. He said even a hard reset won't work so you're totally SOL. I'm so livid I could punch a little baby in the face right now I'm going to lose all my painstaking setup and progs etc and it's going to be an incredible frustration to not have a cellphone for a week since that's how long it'll take them to send me a refurbished phone.

Any advice from my fellow Treo brethren is much appreciated.
    Okay guys.... I've had time to test the new update (_-1.22) and can report that the difficulty in the initial Internet connection is now history. It's worked first time for me 100 percent up to now. Before, I would have to try 6-10 times before it would connect, if at all. I found out that cycling the phone off/on would result in a first-time connect after the cycle. So that is what I was doing (PITA!). And, that remedy would not work for unknown incoming connects or incoming email, of course.

Anyway, I'm a happy camper with this final update. Geeze... it took awhile!

-Frank
    I can report that I'm having issues when I move between EVDO coverage and 1xRTT. It works great on EVDO, but has a hell of a time connecting to the same server via 1x. I hope it's just a server issue and the problems are coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    I can report that I'm having issues when I move between EVDO coverage and 1xRTT. It works great on EVDO, but has a hell of a time connecting to the same server via 1x. I hope it's just a server issue and the problems are coincidental.
    This is not an update issue. This has been an issue with all VZW phones with web access (mobile web for regular cell phones included). Probably a network issue. Or a true standards compatibility issue (switching back and forth being a problem).

This is why some folks on VZW choose to set their phones to EVDO only (temporarily) or X1-only during certain periods. This switching also runs down the battery faster, so some folks prevent this by setting to x1-only. Depends on coverage in your area.

You can set the 700wx to EVDO or X1 only thusly:

Dial #*#33284 (choose EVDO, x1 or Auto)

Note: While in EVDO-only you cannot receive or place voice calls!

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
    Wow am I the only one with the update issues?
    You're not the only one. Any time you do an update of this nature there is a possibility that your device might "brick". One primary cause of this is internal flash memory errors that were not a problem until the program decided to use those areas of memory. Much like a bad place on a hard drive isn't a problem until your system actually tries to use it.

Anyway, a lot of us (me included) had very scary issues during the full upgrade. In my case I went from 1.20 to 1.22 the original time. I thought mine was bricked. Same as you, device "worked" but no phone, so I could not call *228 to reprogram. I soft reset it a number of times, took the battery out and left it out for about a minute or so. Bottom line, after multiple resets the phone part "came back to life" and I could do *228 to reprogram and after that all was well. Note: all "resets" refered to in this message are "soft" resets, not hard resets. I've never ever had to do a hard reset.

I do remember that the problem was that when I tried to turn on the radio by pushing the "on" button, the device would go into standby before turning on the phone (usually takes about a 1 second push to turn the radio on, it would go into standby before the 1 second was finished).

Anyway, multiple resets fixed mine. You might want to try again.

Since I had already gotten through the 1.20 to 1.22 update, this last update to "_-1.22" went really fast (3 min) and I had no issues like this.

-Frank
    You're not the only one. Any time you do an update of this nature there is a possibility that your device might "brick". One primary cause of this is internal flash memory errors that were not a problem until the program decided to use those areas of memory. Much like a bad place on a hard drive isn't a problem until your system actually tries to use it.

Anyway, a lot of us (me included) had very scary issues during the full upgrade. In my case I went from 1.20 to 1.22 the original time. I thought mine was bricked. Same as you, device "worked" but no phone, so I could not call *228 to reprogram. I soft reset it a number of times, took the battery out and left it out for about a minute or so. Bottom line, after multiple resets the phone part "came back to life" and I could do *228 to reprogram and after that all was well. Note: all "resets" refered to in this message are "soft" resets, not hard resets. I've never ever had to do a hard reset.

I do remember that the problem was that when I tried to turn on the radio by pushing the "on" button, the device would go into standby before turning on the phone (usually takes about a 1 second push to turn the radio on, it would go into standby before the 1 second was finished).

Anyway, multiple resets fixed mine. You might want to try again.

Since I had already gotten through the 1.20 to 1.22 update, this last update to "_-1.22" went really fast (3 min) and I had no issues like this.

-Frank
    Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

My phone is definitely dead, as confirmed by Palm and Verizon. What I'm stunned about is what you find out when you need a replacement.

I went in to a regular store and tried to buy a RAZR to replace my Treo for the few days that it would take a get a replacement treo with the intention of returning this phone when i got my replacement. BTW this was suggested to me by a Verizon rep when i talked to her on the phone about my options. I didn't necessarily fee good about doing this, but I was out of options and absolutely needed a phone asap. So when i offer to pay full price on the RAZR, he tries to change my plan saying that the data plan can't be active on that phone. I told him I'd be happy to continue paying my $140 a month and there's no need to change my plan. I specifically asked him if what he was doing would extend me contract and he said don't worry about it, you'll be fine. I sternly told him not to touch my plan and made him double check and sure enough, he comes back and says oh yeah this will extend your contract. He totally tried to con me into extending my contract for 2 years even though I hadn't agreed to it. I'm not ok with that at all.

I bought insurance on my phone and I've paid it diligently every month. What kind of insurance is this if it leaves me without a phone for a week? Even car insurance companies let you rent a car immediately.

I'm so frustrated with this whole process..

Anyhow, thanks for letting me rant. As usual, I'd appreciate any advice you guys might have.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    the7thson - I've got the 1.20 update saved on a server at my office. If you want to try to run that and then the 1.22, send me a PM and I'll get it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    the7thson - I've got the 1.20 update saved on a server at my office. If you want to try to run that and then the 1.22, send me a PM and I'll get it to you.
    Thank you! I already tried the 1.10 update which I had saved and it said that the version I currently have installed is greater than the one I'm trying to install. Even so, I'd love to give it a shot. Sending PM now, thanks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast