Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I read this article on Engadget today that said Sprint and Microsoft have rolled out location-based Live Search. Basically it's GPS for those who don't already have GPS. Does anyone here know if this news applies to WM5 and Treo 700wx's or if it's only for the non-smartphone crowd. And if so, where can I download it? I couldn't find any information about this, and I did note that the article lists phones such as "Samsung a900 and a920, the Motorola Razr, the Sanyo 840 and the LG 550" but in the context of a competely different feature. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by filsputin View Post
    I read this article on Engadget today that said Sprint and Microsoft have rolled out location-based Live Search. Basically it's GPS for those who don't already have GPS. Does anyone here know if this news applies to WM5 and Treo 700wx's or if it's only for the non-smartphone crowd. And if so, where can I download it? I couldn't find any information about this, and I did note that the article lists phones such as "Samsung a900 and a920, the Motorola Razr, the Sanyo 840 and the LG 550" but in the context of a competely different feature. Thanks.
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=152824

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks for the quick response. I went through m.tellme.com and it said "Your phone is not supported yet." So I guess now non-smartphones have a built-in feature that smartphones don't. I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't already have BT GPS.

Also, appologies for starting a second thread.
    does anyone have the actual app?

i think its java and we could get this to work on our treos...

i'd like to at least try it out but i cant download it because it detects i'm on a treo

whos got a copy of the app???
    Quote Originally Posted by wahooka View Post
    does anyone have the actual app?

i think its java and we could get this to work on our treos...

i'd like to at least try it out but i cant download it because it detects i'm on a treo

whos got a copy of the app???
    You can download any Java app with Opera Mini (java).

If you just go to the windows live mobile search page, you can download any of the Java ones, which I just did. Nothing new. They work, but no Sprint LBS is in the app.

Is there a special link for Sprint phones on the sprint site?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Any updates on this app?