Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuj View Post
    From http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=42079.0

The post right after that says it is a problem with the networking library. So, technically it can handle it, but the library needs to be reworked...in which case, it is Palm's problem and not AT&T. Not much AT&T can do if Palm has problems with the OS.
    Thanks for the links, seems like that could be the issue, but not sure if it's factual or speculation, but it doesn't matter if is or is not. If it is the real reason I am guessing it's part of the reason why Palm is moving to Linux to be able to be more versatile and have a wider array of applications for it. I just hope sooner than later.
    PDA = Powder Days Always!

Palm History: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Vx, Palm550, Treo 650p (Cingular)
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Ok I just check this out say here is your contact:

John Smith
    555-555-1234

Mobile Phone
    555-555-1234

Car Phone
    *83,555-555-1234

If this works it is a question of how many numbers would you have to do this with or how important is the *83. Also I seem to recal that somewhere there are gsm dial codes you could program a contact call on with the gsm dial code for call blocking on and a contact named off with the gsm dial code that turns off call blocking.

Anyway once I have a problem I am ocd with it. Must turn off my brain and the voices.

Regards
    Storing the *82 is not an issue, it's only an issue when using the WM text messaging feature because it does not allow you the ability to edit the number you are texting prior to sending, the Palm OS does very simply. I am OCD about this because if I remove the *82 from the people I text regularly, then I have to manually type their phone numbers each time because many of their home phones do not accept blocked numbers, so it's a catch 22 situation. This is why I like the Palm OS better. WM multi-tasking feature and Push Technology are the two key features that are better than the PalmOS. So I have to see what I am going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmtnskier View Post
    Storing the *82 is not an issue, it's only an issue when using the WM text messaging feature because it does not allow you the ability to edit the number you are texting prior to sending, the Palm OS does very simply. I am OCD about this because if I remove the *82 from the people I text regularly, then I have to manually type their phone numbers each time because many of their home phones do not accept blocked numbers, so it's a catch 22 situation. This is why I like the Palm OS better. WM multi-tasking feature and Push Technology are the two key features that are better than the PalmOS. So I have to see what I am going to do.
    No my point is in the contact edit screen you assign as follows:

555-555-1234 to the mobile field

*82,555-555-1234 to the car field

No if you go the home screen and type

John Smith

It will show you 2 numbers

John smith
    555-555-1234 mobile
    82*555-555-1234 car

now you can click the second one which turns off the call blocking and dials or if you hold the center button on the first one you will have the option to text without typing the number or.

In the text message screen you type john smith and select the mobile number without typing the number.

There is a lot of hidden functionality to the Palm Treo 750.

Regards
    graylion
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    No my point is in the contact edit screen you assign as follows:

555-555-1234 to the mobile field

*82,555-555-1234 to the car field

No if you go the home screen and type

John Smith

It will show you 2 numbers

John smith
    555-555-1234 mobile
    82*555-555-1234 car

now you can click the second one which turns off the call blocking and dials or if you hold the center button on the first one you will have the option to text without typing the number or.

In the text message screen you type john smith and select the mobile number without typing the number.

There is a lot of hidden functionality to the Palm Treo 750.

Regards
    Ahh, ok I understand completely now. Good work around! I will give it a try.

Thank you!

My first Palm was a III/c when it first came out. I've had the Treo 600, 650 and now the 750w. This is, by far, the DUMBEST "smart" phone I've ever had. I hate it so much that I'm actually completely abandoning Windows and moving to Macintosh for my next computer... I've been using computers (online) since the early 80s.
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    WM5 was horrible. WM6 is good. Huge difference. Fast speed 3G. I was a palm fan, and hated wm5, but wm6 is all right. ActiveSync is great, not needing Goodlink to sync email. Not using Goodlink, by itself, is enough reason to get 750 with Wm6.

Of course my next phone will very likely be 3G version of the iphone. That is if I can get work to turn on the IMAP support on the exchange server.
    Last edited by lordofmordor; 09/25/2007 at 04:30 PM.
    Agreed.

Nuff said!!
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    TT6 works very well for me on my 750.
    I am new to this forum. I was wondering what TT6 is? I just ordered my Treo 750 last night and I am so excited waiting for its arrival. I had a 650 PalmOS back in the day but I actually like WM so it is easier for me to use than PalmOS.
    TomTom 6 GPS navigation software.

Surur
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123