Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    after listening to voicemail and pressing 7 to delete it. i still have the voicemail icon on my screen. how do i make it go away?
    Start > Settings > Phone > Services > Clear Voicemail Icon
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    amen
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    did what you said. start>phone>services .... window does not show clear voicemail icon option. only shows network , voice privacy, location privacy.
    i have verizon as the provider.
    I too have the issue with deletion of voicemail and the voicemail text/icon shows on the Today screen in lower left. I have listened to the voicemail, deleted it with Option 7, even tool Option 1 9 to listen to deleted VMs, deleted it again and paused and Option 7 and closed session.

Even softbooted and it is still there.

I even called my phone and left a test message and did the process all over again, it's still there.

This is Verizon on 700wx WM5.

It's a pain
    I have the same issue as well with ATT. There is no "Clear voicemail icon"

EDIT: I have a 750.
    Very odd...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Very odd...
    It's not - that option only seemed to be on the Sprint WX...never seen it on any of the Verizon firmware's...
    I had the same problem on a 700W.

There is NO "Clear Voicemail Icon" on a 700W.

I called Customer Service from a land line. They called my 700W and reset the voicemail (you provide them your voice mail pass#. They then call again and left a test voice message. They then have you call your voicemail (with them on the line), clear their message, soft reset, and the icon then disappears.

Its conceivable that one could reset their own voicemail, then call their own voicemail and leave a message, check the voicemail, delete your message and soft reset and take care of it that way but I now have no need to try. The pesky icon is no longer hassling me! ;]
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    ^^;; Eesh luckies, I dont even get a voice mail notification anymore... small price I had to pay to use the WM5 dialer...
    i had the same problem.
    1.st turn phone off

2.nd call phone more then once leave bogus messages both times

3.rd turn phone back on wait for voice mail notification hit call voicemail delete both messages then wait for the message inidicator to go off.

4.th the above first 3 steps dont work call your carrier log jam glitch in network they have to reset(also known as phantom voicemail)

hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    ^^;; Eesh luckies, I dont even get a voice mail notification anymore... small price I had to pay to use the WM5 dialer...
    WM5 Dialer?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    WM5 Dialer?
    yeh,

this is the dialer on my Treo

Theres a Thread on here that showed you how to do a few Reg edits to drop the Palm dial screen, and access the WM5 dial pad everytime you press the green button.

The only draw back is, no one found a solution to the voicemail notification failing.
    Wouldn't an app like PhoneAlarm give you the voicemail alert your missing with the WM5 dialer?

I have been debating doing the WM5 dialer thing, but I am not convinced I want to do away with Palm's additions yet!!!!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Wouldn't an app like PhoneAlarm give you the voicemail alert your missing with the WM5 dialer?

I have been debating doing the WM5 dialer thing, but I am not convinced I want to do away with Palm's additions yet!!!!
    :-/ im pretty sure phone alarm wont fix the issue

I will try it out again.

I am sure there is something we can change in the registry that will fix the problem.... just finding out what is the problem.
    I would think an app like PhoneAlarm would show VM alerts, seeing as it is an independant program. I am sure you have a better idea of what would/wouldn't work than I do airibis. I would be VERY interested in the results if you try it!!! Thanks
    Well I suppose after all this time waiting for a fix for the vm alert I'm going to formally try the dial hack again and then install phonealarm to see what happens. I'll be sure to post the results. I hate verizon's dialer with a pasion but no vm alerts isn't a good thing at work. Tend's to get me in trouble from time to time so I had to go back to the original dialer. While I'm at it I'm gonna try renaming the ringtone I want to use globaly to the default ringtone's name. Maybe that'll work for the no ringin issue once you make a global ringtone change. Welp wish me luck. If all else fails, HARD RESET.... lol
    Yes...please post results!! I have been so on the fence with doing this or not. I have seen all the bad feedback, and wonder if it is worth it. I know it is all reversable, but I have a couple things going on with my WX right now (some screwey Gif decoder error) that I don't want to add to my problem-solving!!! I think I am going to go for it with two conditions....PA picks up on VM, and airibis shares his cool skin (hint hint) LOL!!!!
    And the results are in........................... HARD RESET............ oh well it was worth the try. Did find out one cool thing. Renaming your wanted ringtone to the default one works but.... if I can't have vm alerts then I stick with the default dialer.....yes I know, it bites a weenie
    Last edited by lllboredlll; 12/06/2007 at 02:18 PM.
    Oh ya, one more thing. Ahhh somehow the combination of memmaid, wisbar, hidelogo, and phonealarm proved to be fatal to my phone. Upon soft reset I hit the start menu button and activesync opens up aswell as locks up the whole phone. I pulled the battery the first few times until I was sure there was no way around it then eventually had to hard reset in order to get my phone working again. By the way, if you can't already tell. I enjoy beta testing. Whether it's software or ideas, I love it. Nothing more fun than killing a perfectly good working device
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast