Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Two questions about that.....do you have Memmaid running on startup automatically? and did it lock up the device so bad you couldn't even get it to the point of testing the PhoneAlarm picking up on VM alert thing, or did you disprove that theory as well?

Thanks for trying, sorry about the hard reset...I hope you had a backup!!
    ahhh no biggy....only thing I have to worry about is my contacts and activesync takes care of that easy enough..... so don't sweat the hard reset I went into this expecting to have to do it at some point.... it really dont bother me takes about 5 minutes to restore contacts, programs and all so no biggy.... now... memmaid is set to run upon reset and yes it locked pretty bad it wouldn't respond to anything .... I had a weird notion that it was the hidelogo that was causing it so when I restored it I only put memmaid, wisbar, and phonealarm on it then I tested the vm with no luck
    hmmmmm I got another idear ......... yep i said idear......... when I get to work tomorrow I'm gonna borrow a buddy's samsung and steal the phonedialer.exe and replace mine with his...... his is the original wm5 dialer so maybe it'll work maybe it won't...maybe one day i'll give up but no time soon
    Quote Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
    maybe one day i'll give up but no time soon
    Give up????? NEVER!!!!!! I don't think any of us in this forum (especially the ones with your enthusiasm) know the meaning if give up!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
    Nothing more fun than killing a perfectly good working device
    I'm laughing my arse off here. That's what this forum's all about !

I tried this hack too, and hard reset was the end solution (did a Sprite back-up right before and I on Exchange, so same as lllboredlll, just a few minutes to recover).

Let's keep up the "perfectly good" killing research!
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    I'm laughing my arse off here. That's what this forum's all about !

I tried this hack too, and hard reset was the end solution (did a Sprite back-up right before and I on Exchange, so same as lllboredlll, just a few minutes to recover).

Let's keep up the "perfectly good" killing research!
    I couldn't agree more!! What apps do you have installed/running? Do they match up to lllboredlll at all? I am wondering if it is PhoneAlarm that is doing it. That would really suck, but there are other apps like it out there (SPB Phone Suite). I think if the VM thing can be licked, it may be worth doing!!!
    does anyone have the treo 700w or wx from sprint.... if so is there anyway you could copy the phonedialer.exe and post it....not sure if the forum will let you post an executable... if not guess you could just zip it then post it.... I really hope someone could do this for me... I think it is going to be the answer to the dialer issue.... I want to pick it apart and see what file the sprint dialer calls for versus the verizon dialer....then recompile it to call for the dialer of my choice

almost forgot............ the location is \Window\phonedialer.exe
    Wish I could help....Verizon here!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12