1.    #1  
    i was wondering does can anyone tell me what type of RAM the 750 uses? The make and model number? I want to upgrade mine to 128MB of Ram, if possible 256MB. And what type of ROM Nand Flash chip do they use? Any one here point me to the right direction? I can't seem to find any disassemble information on the Treo 750 online anywhere, tried googling already and visited all the treo related sites. Some please help! Thanks.
    It is probably not possible to do. The RAM should soldered directly onto the motherboard.

Treos aren't computers...you can't upgrade internal components.

As for the disassembly, check out PDAparts' Treo 680 take-apart video. The 750 should be similar.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=RD
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  3.    #3  
    Well I think the RAM would be easy, as long as there is a higher density capacity chip. Just desolder and solder the higher capacity chip. I already took my treo apart but its covered with some sort of metal covering on the chip. I don't want to rip it apart yet until I know if I can upgrade the thing or not. I remember upgrading my o2 mini from 64 to 128MB Ram with a chip change. Just want to know the part and type Palm used in their Treo 750.

Anyone??? Out there know anything?
  4.    #4  
    Anyone???
    I think upgrading the ram on your own is almost impossible. The way is was soldered to the PCB is almost not possible to be done by hand.

I have dismantled my 750v yesterday out of curiosity and I have even swapped a Treo 680 320x320 LCD onto 750v. When 750v powered up only show a blank white screen....nothing else...
    Quote Originally Posted by hagenuk View Post
    I think upgrading the ram on your own is almost impossible. The way is was soldered to the PCB is almost not possible to be done by hand.

I have dismantled my 750v yesterday out of curiosity and I have even swapped a Treo 680 320x320 LCD onto 750v. When 750v powered up only show a blank white screen....nothing else...
    If you got this (320x320 swap) to work this would become the most popular thread on here. Bold move to even try it--unless of course you now have two bricked Treos.....
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    If you got this (320x320 swap) to work this would become the most popular thread on here. Bold move to even try it--unless of course you now have two bricked Treos.....
    So far my Treo 750v and 680 still in perfect conditions

I have swapped out my 1yr old 750v LCD with a new 750v LCD which is brighter and color more vibrant apparently.
    Sorry to resurrect very old threads, but I'm getting my Treo 750 today, and had a 680 with a broken digitizer - was going to attempt the same, glad I don't have to now! Go Treo!