1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I just bought a 2 gig SD card and have it in my treo... and I've noticed something annoying and didn't see anything on here about it. Every time I bring my phone back "on" instead of being on the today screen - windows media player is up with a box saying: "a storage card was inserted. do you want to search it for audio and video files?"

Im confused because its not like I JUST inserted the card, its been in there for a few days now. I thought maybe it was loose - so I took it out and put it back in and its still doing the same thing.

Any ideas??
    My 700wx does the same thing. The only solution I've found is to press option + OK and close Windows Media Player whenever I'm not using it. I believe you may also be able to delete your DCIM folder on your storage card -- some people have reported success with that method.
  3.    #3  
    yeah thats what i dont understand, because im not really USING windows media it just comes up all on its own.... when ever the phone comes back on .... bugging the $#!& out of me..

ps. I looked in the "StorageCard" folder and didn't see that subfolder.... is there anywhere else it would be??
    Last edited by letthatsinkin; 09/16/2007 at 08:45 PM. Reason: forgot the ps
    Have you tried a soft reset?
    Also try this,
    Remove SD card,
    then Soft reset without card in treo,
    let phone sit for a while (3 minutes or so) without a SD card,
    then soft reset without card in,
    then insert card after treo has completely booted (another 3 minutes).

May work. It fixed my phone alarm error. I had some alarm sounds on the card.
  5.    #5  
    it works, kinda.

it works until i use media player again... its like i cannot ever really CLOSE windows media player. its always there in the background and then anytime i turn the screen on it pops up with that error message.

is there another way to "close" the program besides clicking the " X " ??
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hitting the "X" doesn't really exit windows media player.

You need to follow theweaselslayer's advice in his reply to you to really close and exit. Either hold option+ok, or hold down ok until the running programs list comes up. Then select media player and hit the "stop" button.