1.    #1  
    The good news is BT DUN is finally working error free on my 12" Powerbook G4.
    -previously phone would connect then disconnect shortly thereafter or phone would also freeze up

The bad news is that I had to add the $40 PAM option to my plan.

I haven't figured out how to use the usb option yet...if anyone knows how it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by dpierre; 09/16/2007 at 08:13 PM.
    info on how?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstamen View Post
    info on how?
    Treat it like any other phone with BT.

Turn on BT on the 700 and pair the phone with the Mac. It will see that DUN is enabled and configure Internet Access app.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Easy. Mobile Stream. Been using it for a while. Faster than BT I believe...
    whats the big deal ive been BTDUN with my treo on my powerbook for 6 months flawlessly ever since HANNIP's BT STACK. You create a connection via bluetooth and have it dial #777 big deal this is nothing new.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpkore View Post
    whats the big deal ive been BTDUN with my treo on my powerbook for 6 months flawlessly ever since HANNIP's BT STACK. You create a connection via bluetooth and have it dial #777 big deal this is nothing new.
    WoW! Obviously it didn't work for everyone. I cannot believe you posted at 7:45 am just to say that! If the thread title was ''Help I can't find a smart a$$ jerk-off @ 7:45 am '' I would understand completely. I normally don't reply to your type but I had to tell you to get a fvckin life!
    the smart ones are the people that research threads about topics that have already been resolved. BTDUN over MAC has not been an issue for anyone in the past 6-8 months. Here you go creating a new thread about something that isnt an issue. Then you talk about buying a Phone as Modem option for $40. Well if you read the threads and do things the right way you can use your unlimited data powervision plan for $15 for BTDUN and it wont make a difference. Sprint cant tell the difference between data through the phone or through the computer when BTDUN its all the same. Ill take being a smart *** over being a dumbass anyday
    Last edited by Jpkore; 09/17/2007 at 03:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Be nice guys.

I recommend MobileStream. Its been updated to work flawlessly. The only thing is that the cable comes out. See thread title "data cable loose" or something. LOL!
    I'm thinking of purchasing a Mac. What is mobilestream, to the uninitiated?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ^A program that allows you to tether your mobile internet to a computer. The developers give you a couple of settings to input and your up.

LOL at being uninitiated!!!!

search foe mobilestream on google. It will give you better info than I did....
  11.    #11  
    I was having some problems keeping the connection with mobile stream demo, so I didn't purchase it. Now I find myself having the same problems with my connection only I have PAM on my plan. I think the treo's shady BT is the problem(I've swapped out 2 units). How can I connect via USB w/o mobilestream? Sprint has no software for phones + os x on their site and the phone isn't recognized when I plug it in.

*I unchecked send ppp echo packets in the advanced options within ppp options...hopefully this will solve my disconnect problems. I will update later.
    Last edited by dpierre; 09/18/2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    What OS are you running? I have 10.4.9 and there are no problems. The instructions had me up and running in no time.
  13.    #13  
    I'm running 10.4.10
    It has been working flawlessly all day.
    During pairing the phone/laptop I select the serial port box on my phone. Restart the phone and the laptop and when os x is back up and running it discovers a new port and asks if you want to use it(you do). Go to System prefs-->network-->configure the usb/bt modem-->ppp options...under advanced uncheck send ppp echo packets...and it should work fine.
    I hope this helps anyone stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpierre View Post
    I'm running 10.4.10
    It has been working flawlessly all day.
    During pairing the phone/laptop I select the serial port box on my phone. Restart the phone and the laptop and when os x is back up and running it discovers a new port and asks if you want to use it(you do). Go to System prefs-->network-->configure the usb/bt modem-->ppp options...under advanced uncheck send ppp echo packets...and it should work fine.
    I hope this helps anyone stuck.
    Anything else you could recommend? I had previously been using PDANet, but just yesterday I did a hard reset and installed the Sprint 1.15 update...which claims to enable DUN.

While the MacBook Pro sees DUN as being available, I cannot dial up...Internet Connec app just keep saying "Contacting PPP Server".

I'd prefer not use thirdparty software such as PDANet if I don't have to.
    what are the instructions. most the time it will not connect to my phone.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Anything else you could recommend? I had previously been using PDANet, but just yesterday I did a hard reset and installed the Sprint 1.15 update...which claims to enable DUN.

While the MacBook Pro sees DUN as being available, I cannot dial up...Internet Connec app just keep saying "Contacting PPP Server".

I'd prefer not use thirdparty software such as PDANet if I don't have to.
    Delete the device from your mac (Bt) and vice versa. Restart both. Re-pair the device to the computer and follow the steps in post #13. Remember to check the serial port box (on the phone) when pairing. Remember to uncheck the send ppp echo... on the mac. You will connect using USB bluetooth modem in connections.
    If you still have problems I will try my best to post a video or step by step with pics.

-I don't know if this matters, but I paired from the laptop with the phone discoverable.
    Last edited by dpierre; 09/25/2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: forgot something