1.    #1  
    Since picking up the Resco Media Pack, with the Photo Viewer, File Explorer, Resco Radio, and Audio Recorder, I have been totally re-imagining how I use my phone, and loving all of the apps.

Today I was using the Audio Recorder to just get some ideas down while I was playing guitar, and the thought occurred to me, wouldn't it be great if there was a multi-tracking application that was scaled down to run on our devices? I realize you're not going to get Pro Tools or Logic or something of that caliber on your phone, but something like Audacity with more modest system requirements would be awesome. I mean, the Resco Recorder is already leaps and bounds ahead of the built-in crap I was using for far too long, but I got to thinking, and well, that's where I'm at.

So... does anyone know of any such program? I don't even need anything really sophisticated, just something that will allow me to listen to one track while recording another. And I realize that our little processors may choke on such a task, and I'm prepared to accept that eventuality, but I figured it was worth a post, just to know if there was anything out there.

(edit) - ok, so I found this, but it looks like it's too much (resource hungry) to go on my Treo, maybe I'll put it on my 6700... but then I have to carry something else around. Grr...

Anyone have any experience with this program?
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    That would be cool if you have no access to a home studio or portable studio. But being inspired on the road I just use the voice recorder that's built in. If I find myself trying to multi track anywhere other than protools, that'll be the death of me.... Unless protools for WM.....
  3.    #3  
    I know... I thought about that too. Like, how far do I really want to take this. I figured it would be nice to at least have like, say, a rhythm guitar track and a lead idea down so I don't forget them. Right now, I just record two separate tracks.

Gotta tell you, though, I just downloaded the demo, and for what it is, it's seriously impressive. I don't know how it would stand up to real use yet, but I'll play with it, for sure. I mean, it's only 30 bucks, and I could turn my old 6700 into a little pocket studio. A buddy of mine has a Zoom box 4-track thingy, and it's cool, but I didn't feel like spending all that money when I could almost do it already...

We'll see - thanks for yr input.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'll try the demo and give you more feedback. Thanks for the info...
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDogg View Post
    I'll try the demo and give you more feedback. Thanks for the info...
    There is a MIDI Synth app that lets you do this via midi

as for audio recording... not sure...

i am sure there is more out there...

(Sonar user myself)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks airibis... I generally keep it pretty simple though, when I'm out of the studio - usually just an acoustic guitar to lay down ideas. Good to know, though.
    END OF LINE