1.    #1  
    I need a way to see an actual number of how many voice mails I have waiting for me. If I don't know a call has come in and a voice mail has been left they pile up.

Just got spb Phone Suite, but it doesn't list a number of voice mails.

I am on Sprint with a 700wx.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    There is no way to do it with Sprint. Its a network thing.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    stroths:

Thanks for answering. Wish that wasn't the answer, but at least I know not to keep searching for a software solution.

Kim
    Can this be done with Verizon?
    Get an iPhone.

Wow, never thought I would type that but in all honesty, that is a nice aspect to that phone.

Geez, I feel dirty after saying that. Gonna take a shower.

iphone can do it because ATT supports it. The 750 will do it to.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Why not just call into your voicemail and find out. All it takes is less than 3o seconds to find out.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Call into your VM? Technology is too far advanced for us to settle on going backwards.

IMO, not having a visual count and doing as you suggest, keeps money in Sprints pocket. You use minutes checking messages and there are those people who for whatever reason, dont have minutes to spare or waste.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanity_x View Post
    Can this be done with Verizon?
    Yes.

-Frank
  10.    #10  
    The reason I want to be able to tell I have voice mails is so that I remember to call in to check it.

It really does seem like I should be able to see an indication that I have a voice mail message waiting, and if there is more than one. I will be making my feelings known about this to Sprint. Anybody else fed up with the carriers putting stupid artificial limits on our service just to benefit them?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Why not just call into your voicemail and find out. All it takes is less than 3o seconds to find out.
    Hmmm, not sure I get this one either. So let me understand this, if you had 4 voicemails waiting, you wouldn't bother checking. But once you hit 5 (or whatever number) then you want to call and check them? As long as you have an unheard VM, the icon remains on your phone - so why not just call and listen to it?

You're not using any more minutes calling 5 seperate times for each VM than you are listening to all 5 at once. To each their own of course, but count me confused on this one.
    Minsc, it's silly to attempt to trivialize this functionality. Some folks like it, that's all.

I personally will occasionally let a known incoming call go to VM because I recognize the caller and would prefer to let them leave a message and get back to them later. Knowing that I've done this, and seeing that it resulted in one VM, I would like to easily see if I get another VM without having to call and check.

Bottom line, it's a very common feature, incorporated on many carriers. Seems odd that Sprint doesn't support it.

OTOH, I would more believe that it is a Sprint "VM thing", not a Sprint "Network" thing.

-Frank
    install TreoAlerts so it will remind you to check and blink the LED to remind you if you want
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14.    #14  
    Frank:

That's exactly it! Thanks for putting it in words and I'm so glad I'm not the only one does that with voice mail.

scottymomo -

I will look into TreoAlerts to see if it helps.

Kim