Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I am researching car stereo replacement, and was wondering if anyone had upgraded their car stereo lately and had it work with their 700W. I am specifically looking at the JVC KD-BT1 stereo unit, which supposedly has some great bluetooth features.
    Are there other models out there that work well with the Treo 700W? What have been your experiences?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I find the 700wx's sound acceptable for headphones/earbuds....but it does sound weird in the car over a cassette adapter.

It is OK for using to listening to music in a pinch, but I would not use a 700wx as a fulltime music player.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that I was using MortPlayer - which has horrible equalization settings built-in. I like GSPlayer's EQ myself.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Well, folks, I finally got the KD-BT1 installed, and it is great to not have to have an earpiece or anything in your hand or on your head, and still be able to talk at the same time.
    One feature of this radio is the ability to suck the address book out of the phone via bluetooth, and I don't think the Treo is working well for that.
    My question to you all is this:

Has anyone had any success transferring an address book to a bluetooth radio from your Treo 700W?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You might want to check out a software called Jetware.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks so much, dimitri, for the heads up regarding Jetware. I installed it and it transferred my phone numbers perfectly. Definitely worth the $15.00 registration fee! Thanks again!
    Even with jetware, couldn't transfer phone book nor register phone...meaning each time I turn on the car I have to reconnect manually, enter pin, retry, beat my head against the window, pray and then maybe it will magically connect for no apparent reason. Volume still very low [yes I upgraded with new BT palm software], etc. Don't go here!!!

If the BT1 truly works with treo 700w, I'm buying it today.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm telling you, the JVC KD-BT1 really works well. I upgraded the speakers in my car to Polk Audio Coaxials, installed this radio and couldn't be happier. I did purchase jetware, and the Palm 700W talks with the radio and things really work well. I know that some of us have been on the "bleeding" edge of technology and too often have bought into vendor's promises, with less than stellar results, but this radio really works well. The only thing that I can think of that doesn't work is
    1. Voice activation - The 700W doesn't support the Bluetooth standard that allows you to speak into a bluetooth device and have it recognized by the 700w.
    2. This radio supports text messaging, and will scroll a received text message, but that's not supported on the 700W.

It is so fine to be listening to music, get a call, not touch a button, have the radio answer the phone automatically (a configurable option), then have the music come back, all without touching anything!

I installed in my 25 year old Mercedes, and placed the microphone directly behind the steering wheel (on the steering wheel column) which appears to be a good spot for the microphone because everyone that I have called tells me that they hear me very clearly.

Please know that I in know way work for any radio vendor, installer, dealer, etc., but I am really happy with this radio!

By the way, I believe that Amazon has the best price for this radio.
    Has anyone used this jvc receiver with the Treo 680?