Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Without defending Palm's decision to not include threaded text, for those who really want it, I have to highly recommend Birdsoft's "Extreme Text".

It adds

• Threaded SMS to the default mail client
    • Extremely tiny (< 300kb), won't slow down your device
    • Requires no additional files
    • Very fairly priced ($12.95)
    • Works like a charm

http://www.birdsoft.biz/extremetext.htm
    I am waiting for my registration code as we speak. I have been trying it out (smartphone edition) and love it! It isn't the same as palm's built in app, but its pretty close. However, its only for wm smartphone edition as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Without defending Palm's decision to not include threaded text, for those who really want it, I have to highly recommend Birdsoft's "Extreme Text".

It adds

• Threaded SMS to the default mail client
    • Extremely tiny (< 300kb), won't slow down your device
    • Requires no additional files
    • Very fairly priced ($12.95)
    • Works like a charm

http://www.birdsoft.biz/extremetext.htm
    Well, it does display the threaded SMS nicely, albeit a bit low tech looking. You can send message but cannot forward. Also when creating a new message, its goes to a contact search screen and it suffers the same issue as some apps, where it only recognises numbers instead of alphabets on the keyboard, as a result you cannot search for alphabets e,r,t,d,f,g,x,c,v.

Default email client? Didn't see that feature
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Well, it does display the threaded SMS nicely, albeit a bit low tech looking. You can send message but cannot forward. Also when creating a new message, its goes to a contact search screen and it suffers the same issue as some apps, where it only recognises numbers instead of alphabets on the keyboard, as a result you cannot search for alphabets e,r,t,d,f,g,x,c,v.

Well, it's still in development and just came out of beta, so I'd give it some time for some more robust features to be integrated. Not everyone forwards SMS messages, but the basics are very solid and thankfully it doesn't rely on .NET CF 1 or 2. But I suggest contacting the developer with any ideas you have, otherwise it's falling on deaf ears

What I mean by default email client is this creates an inbox in pocket Outlook and integrates with the notification system/OS very nicely, as opposed to a separate, running app. At least it does on the Moto Q--so hitting the default dedicated email button brings up your email and ExtremeText.

I don't have the 500, so can't comment specifically.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post

you can search by alphabet. you have to hit the function key. but to scroll through by typing the persons name. you have to hit the first letter multiple times to scroll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12