Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,
    I have posted a few times here about some issues with ringing and freezing on the 700wx, well I did the soft resets and phone still isnt ringing and is having issues. I broke down returned it since I was in my 30 day period and got a blackberry, now I miss the TREO DESPERATLY I love that darn phone and am tempted to go back and get another one and hope the issues I had were just a fluke, but wanted to find out if they are common problems before going back to the store.

I like the blackberry, but its just so blah , doesnt have any of the fancy nice features of the treo. SO heres my issues.

The phone doesnt ring - it has the ringer set to on it lights up and says call in progress then it says missed call and says voicemail - this has been happening all day with no avail. I did a soft reset and it still does it - the phones 1 week old. Is that a normal thing? Was there a update for it I didnt look for that may have fixed it? I love the phone and want it back
    Treos are like pets. They seem to be very temperamental and most of them seem to act differently. My wife's Palm 755p behaves very differently from my own 755p out of the box. Different quirks. Same with most other Treos after the 600. Some people have horrible experiences, some have great experiences, and everything in between. Some people report the 700P works great for them while most people consider it one of the worst devices Palm ever released. I guess it comes down to poor consistency in manufacturing.

My point is that your issues with the 700wx could possibly be easily fixed by swapping it for a new unit. I can tell you my new 700wx (the second one I've owned) is by far the most stable Treo I have ever owned, even with several custom settings and programs running on top.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply and out of curiousity what would make you want a treo instead of a blackberry?
    Quote Originally Posted by bullynj View Post
    Thanks for the reply and out of curiousity what would make you want a treo instead of a blackberry?
    Too many things to mention, but here's a few of my basic thoughts on this:

- I think BBs are extremely mediocre devices, for now. Horrible fonts, a mediocre UI that is impossible to customize, crap built-in software, little to no third party software, and a general lack of customization which is part of their closed-off nature. BBs are standard issue where I work and I don't know a single person out of the thousands who work there that seriously does anything other than read and write emails on them. None of them know how to use a mobile device to its full potential. They can never do the smart things my POS or WM devices have been able to do forever now.

- BBs are only good if you live and die by the BB service. That's great for all the corporate stuff, but not for the rest of my life.

- They lack tons of software I consider critical for a handheld device, or only have poor choices. TomTom navigator, MS Live search, different browser choices, expression-based calculators, journal taking, geocaching, project planners, text editors, remote desktop applications, fast and simple youtube/google video, and the list goes on.

- More importantly: a handheld device should be supremely customizable to each person's preference. From shortcuts to information display to everything else - not just skins. Both POS and WM do a great job on this and the BB simply doesn't.

I could go on, but those are the basic reasons I'm willing to carry a thick brick of a 700wx instead of a slick and nice looking pearl, for example.