Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just wanted to share some pix of a fun day for me. I was on my Harley, on the interstate and like the tool that I am, I had my phone in my front pocket. This was really only because I was waiting for an important call. Obviously I'd pull over to take it.. anyway that's not the point.

I was doing about 70mph on a newly paved stretch of Route 80 here in Jersey and the transition from new pavement to the old road wasn't as gradual as it should have been. As I came off the new pavement, I hit kinda hard, my phone slipped out of my pocket and in my mirrors I watched my poor Treo flip, tumble and shatter. I pulled over and ran back to the scene and watched several tractor trailers and cars run over the phone.

I was able to retrieve what you see in the pictures below. The battery was mangled and again being a tool I picked it up only to be burned. Those two were the only pieces I was able to find. I had contacts, email and calendar entries all backed up so that wasn't a problem, however, everything on my SD was lost. Oh well..

So anyway, the moral of the story is opt for Cell Phone Insurance! It's so very worth it especially when the rep tells you that since your phone is no longer stocked, they'll have to give you the newer model. Now I guard my new 700wx VERY closely.

Last edited by mvlamberti; 09/17/2007 at 04:55 PM.
    Man, you can't even sell it for parts.....
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Are you a tool or a fool?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I even back up my SD card and keep it separate from the treo.
    I need a new keypad. If your's is looking good and not scratched up, I'll give you some compensation for your sudden loss. LOL!
    so sorry for that take it that you are getting another one soon
    These are great pictures, thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    u can get another 2 weeks of the phone use duck tape
    if you read the back of the box it clearly says "do not exceed 55MPH on a bike if you have your Treo 700w in your front pocket" ....but hey...who reads the fine print...
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Are you a tool or a fool?
    Not nice.

Anyway, sorry for the loss. I don't back up my sd card either. Nothing on there I don't have local copies of either. Good luck on your new phone and maybe you should consider a phone chain (like a wallet chain) for that puppy.
    Just get dummy phone, swapp the guts and sell it on ebay!
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I had contacts, email and calendar entries all backed up so that wasn't a problem, however, everything on my SD was lost. Oh well..
    Dude... the SD slot is gone
    Like... not even the card, the card and slot were lodged outta the phone. That's something to show off to friends right there...
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    IMHO Harley's and Treos do not go together....

CLICK HERE

I feel your pain. I did the same thing about 6 weeks ago to my 700w. Jumped on the motorcycle, drove about 20 miles most of which is 65mph. Get to where I was going and looked down and the phone was gone. Holster was still there. I retraced my steps but could not find ANYTHING. Made me sick to my stomach. I have been looking for a replacement and I am leaning towards 700wx. I would like to wait to see what the 755 is going to offer but I dont know if I can wait any longer
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm glad everyone got some soft of enjoyment out of this experience.

While I'm still a little off about losing my SDcard.. I LOVE this wx. I personally think it's lightyears better than the 700w and will definitely be taking much better care of this one, I just need to find the right case/holster for it first. Nothing's really grabbing me quite yet.