1.    #1  
    I searched around looking for this problem here but cannot find it. I'm wondering if it's affecting only very few Verizonwireless customers. The problem is that you could be standing in a room with strong signal, and someone is trying to call but instead of your phone ringing, they get your voicemail. Anyone?
    I have had that problem at times on their network, not necessarily with the treo. It probably was some network congestion.
    How often do you *228 to update your roaming capabilities?
    I am getting that at times as well, both on my Treo, and a friends Samsung...I was thinking about calling VZW....if I do, I will post results.
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I am getting that at times as well, both on my Treo, and a friends Samsung...I was thinking about calling VZW....if I do, I will post results.
    The treo may be transmitting data at the time of the call, in which case the call might be directed to voice mail. EVDO can not support voice and data at the same time.
    That was the first thing that I wondered about as well, but my friends phone that it happens on is not a data phone, so that blew that theory. Thanks for the idea though!!
    I've had several phones on the Verizon network. In fact I have four different types on Verizon right now. This problem happens to all of them at various times.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    T-Mobile. My wife and four children would call me and I never even got notification until days later. After I would listen to vmail after notification, I would get the missed call message.

Not good when the children need a ride on Friday after school and you get the message the following Monday through Wednesday.

Finally switched when over dinner out my wife was giving me grief for not calling her back and didn't believe that I didn't know she called when lo and behold the vmail notification came up, called, let her listen to message and watch the missed call message come up when I hung up. She called the prior Saturday and this was on the Wednesday following.

They're still on T-M on my wife's plan. Mine was separate phone plan.

With VZW I haven't missed a call from them, go figure.

Where are you located? Is there strong coverage in your area per VZW?

Good luck getting the calls.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    it happens and it seems to be a pattern to it. like it will happen a lot for a week or so and then go away. then do it again for a week or so etc....its not the treo though as i know too many people on VZW with other phones it happens to as well.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the responses. Yes, it happens even with good signal. In our office, we have a very good signal as we are leasing out a piece of land outside the building to VZW for its antenna site.

Quote Originally Posted by JimMLINY View Post
    T-Mobile. My wife and four children would call me and I never even got notification until days later. After I would listen to vmail after notification, I would get the missed call message.

Not good when the children need a ride on Friday after school and you get the message the following Monday through Wednesday.

Finally switched when over dinner out my wife was giving me grief for not calling her back and didn't believe that I didn't know she called when lo and behold the vmail notification came up, called, let her listen to message and watch the missed call message come up when I hung up. She called the prior Saturday and this was on the Wednesday following.

They're still on T-M on my wife's plan. Mine was separate phone plan.

With VZW I haven't missed a call from them, go figure.

Where are you located? Is there strong coverage in your area per VZW?

Good luck getting the calls.
  11.    #11  
    I talked with our Verizonwirelss corporate rep and he said that he will escalate the issue to support. He "suspects" it may have something to do with capacity issues of certain antennas. He added that VZW has increased its customer base so much that its infrastructure growth came lagging a bit but they are always monitoring these types of situation. He will have our antenna sites nearby monitored for capacity issue.