1.    #1  
    Up until yesterday, I was hosting my own Exchange 2007 server when I had a hardware failure. I had the choice of either fixing my server or get Exchange hosting from a company. I had to factor in the cost for parts, future time and cost for maintenance and electricity.

I ran across Sherweb.com and went with them because the price and features are pretty decent. I wanted to give you all the heads up in case you are looking for a provider with more features than mail2web.com at a decent price. If you don't need all these features, then go with Mail2web.com as they are free.

$8.95/month gives you:

Exchange 2007
    3 GB of Storage per Mailbox
    FREE SETUP
    Month to Month contract
    Free Mobile synchronization
    Free Advanced Anti-spam/Anti-virus (Barracuda)
    Free Copy of Outlook 2007 or Entourage for Mac
    Free SharePoint (100mb)
    Unlimited Email Aliases
    Use your own domain name
    50mb Attachments
    No forced Exchange security policy like cough...1and1..cough
    see the features link for a more detailed list of the features.

Sherweb Exchange 2007 Hosting
    http://sherweb.com/hosted-exchange

Sherweb Exchange 2007 Features
    http://sherweb.com/hosted-exchange/h...-features#tech

WM6 Features you get with Exchange 2007
    http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...28/439558.aspx
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    So can you just forward your email to them and use your own outgoing email address like you can with 4smartphone.

I"m looking to dump them after their monster big rate hike.
    how fast do you get the push mail? I noticed a big increase in speed when I switched to 1and1 from 4smartphone. I would hate to go in the opposite direction but I definitely like the increased storage.
  4.    #4  
    I get them within seconds of the server receiving them.
    stroths - I would like an ongoing assessment on Sherweb from you and will try to ping you in a month. I have a small business and we are with Alentus. We also have SharePoint. Alentus has been a little flakey lately and I started looking around. Sherweb was on my radar and have really great prices. However, the switch is not an easy task - particualrly since we have a lot of content on our SP site. Debating....
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    So can you just forward your email to them and use your own outgoing email address like you can with 4smartphone.

I"m looking to dump them after their monster big rate hike.
    No, don't believe so - you would have to have your own domain to use Sherweb. But go to their site and see.....
    Stroths,.

The link you provided for "WM6 Features you get with Exchange 2007" has me ready for a WM6 device NOW!. Their is some really good stuff added. I had only heard about HTML email which wasn't really getting me excited but the meeting attendees, out of office management, and especially the ability to search for emails on the exchange server are all great!

I currently have Verizon but I want to switch to Sprint to save some dough. Does anyone know what WM6 devices are currently available on Sprint?
  8.    #8  
    As far as I know, the Mogul is currently the only one, but more are on the way (i.e. Vogue).
    How is Sherweb now? I used them briefly 6 months ago but with their strict spam filter, I was only receiving 1/2 my emails.

Can anybody else recommend an exchange service for just one person?

Thanks.
    I'm with SherWeb techiegirl, and I've been really pleased with their Hosted Exchange service. I mean they give 3 GB of disk space for $8.95...how can you not like that. On top of that I got to admit that their support for Exchange 2007 is very good. Finally I know for a fact that they do not do any discrimination and that they offer the service even for one user.

Hope this will help you
    Thanks
    what's wrong with mail2web? I thought their price increase didn't affect the personal accounts? Did I misunderstand their email and my 1.99 rate is going up?
    Mail2web's $1.99 per month service is now $4.95.
    4smartphone is closing my servers at the end of the month... for those of you on sherweb, ....how's it going?

anybody heard anything about myhostedsolution.com?
    I tried myhostedsolution for a few weeks. It was down only once during that time, but it was down for about 7 hours (from 11pm-7am). They fixed it right away, about an hour after I reported it, but that was still bad enough for me.

I have since returned to webville. It's still the best exchange server I've had.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I have since returned to webville. It's still the best exchange server I've had.
    Agreed. I've been with webville for over a half a year now and this was the best move I've made in the mobile email world. Fast, inexpensive, and reliable.
  16.    #16  
    I just wanted to give an update to this thread. I have been using Sherweb for almost 4 months now with no issues. I expected that I would have some issues considering how cheap this service is for 3gb space, but I am pleasantly surprised.

I have called them a few times with questions and have gotten to a tech almost immediately. This kind of shocked me because I have called 1and1 before to get help on my wife's hosted exchange account and sat on hold for a very long time. Hopefully this does not change with Sherweb.

I will also add that my spam has dropped dramatically where I only get 1 or 2 a month that get past the Barracuda spam firewall.

The only thing I would like to see them improve is the administrative web interface. While it works, it could be intimidating to someone who is not very technical. Even for me, it took me a little while to figure out how to use everything.

Overall, I am very pleased with the reliability and value of this hosting service.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, stroths.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Me Too. Switched from 4smartphone to Sherweb....Been on it for about 1.5 months. Loving it so far. The Barracuda spam center is really cool.
    I used Sherweb for the last couple of months and ended up cancelling the service just recently. Things were fine in the beginning but I've noticed the server response times diminishing and then they had an outage last week and I could not reach anyone at techsupport.

I've switched to IT Solutions Now Exchange 2007 shared hosting plan and the service is lightning fast. Best of all they have UNLIMITED mail box sizes for only $9.95 a month and the service is month-to-month, not quarterly with 30 day cancellation requirements, etc.

http://www.exchangemailhosting.com/exchange/plans/
    Last edited by moderateinny; 01/26/2008 at 08:39 AM.