1.    #1  
    I been using a 700wx with Verizon for 7 months now but am switching jobs and moving to a new company. So I have to leave my 700wx behind and get a new phone/carrier. I have enjoyed the 700 and have done some some of the reg hacks/installed third part software to suite my needs even better (love TreoAlert and the YouTube mods).

I guess I really would like a smaller form factor in a phone. One that is thinner. I like that the 750 doesn't have an external antenna sticking up. I do also like the touch screen. I'm very tempted by the Blackberry Curve but I'm afraid of the unknowns I guess. Will I miss the touch screen? I also like the form factor and keyboard on the new Moto Q 9m.

I'm hoping you all could help share your opinions for perspective. I realize that the 750 will utilize AT&T's 3G network but it is not yet available in my home town. Wm6 might sway me to go with the 750 but I have no idea when the upgrade is actually coming.

Thanks for your comments.
    In my opinion, if you've enjoyed your experience with the Treo 700 on Verizon, then if it ain't broke don't fix it...in other words get the Treo 750. My company supports both Blackberries and Treos and I have always chosen to go Treo. I've had the 600, 650 and now 750. I agree the 750, although the best design of a Treo thus far is still fairly thick when compared to the competition however I'll deal with that for the speed I get with it especially with Windows Mobile 6. I upgraded via the leaked ROM and this is by far the best handheld device I have ever used. Tethering at HSPDA speeds is like being hooked up to cable or DSL. Windows Mobile 6 although only appearing to be a cosmetic upgrade is in fact what Windows Mobile 5 should've been when it was released - no lag when operating between programs, menus, screens, etc., better email (w/HTML support), more stable and even Cingular Video enabled.

I haven't seen the Q9 yet, but from it's specs it is tempting. A couple of key differences to consider with that device vs the 750:

The Q9 has only domestic 3G so if you travel internationally, you'll be down to EDGE whereas the 750 is tri-band UMTS.
    Also the Q9 is Windows Mobile 6 standard, meaning no touch screen.
    Last edited by alamerican; 09/14/2007 at 09:40 AM.
  3.    #3  
    I agree that to be completely satisfied I would need to find the leaked WM6 Rom. What is confusing to me about the Rom upgrade is this:
    1) which version? I've heard about an ATT version and a Vodaphone version. Which one to install and where do I get it?
    2) does it work well or is there buggy/missing functionality?

Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    I should have also noted that the Blackberry I like most is the Curve which is available on AT&T. But it is only capable of EDGE speeds compared to the Treo which is the faster "3G" as AT&T calls it. Does that make a big difference? I do plan to tether my laptop to either device from time to time (like at airports etc.).
    i'm using the att wm6 rom and i love it. just go to xda developers and search the treo 750 forum, it's not hard to find.

i have not owned a curve, but many people in my office do. i'm not going to lie, it's a much better design - better screen, thinner, better keyboard, standard 3.5mm audio jack - however it's EDGE and that doesn't cut it for me. I like to tether when travelling and surfing via HSPDA feels like being hooked up to DSL or cable.
    I was unable to find the wm6 hack on xda dev ... every link I found was shut down prior to my finding it. I didn't have all day to play "hunt the rom".

Anyone want to PM me with a location? :-)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  7.    #7  
    Well to update this thread I ended up purchasing the 750. I love the Blackberry form factor but in the end the better web browsing experience with the treo and the touch screen/third party software was compelling reason enough to go with the treo. I'm glad I did. With full hspda after WM6 upgrade the treo really is more powerful than the blackberry. I wish ATT would bring in an hspda blackberry.