Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stozmon View Post
    I have been reviewing my past bills and can confirm that in fact I have been charged exclusively to the text/flix portion (25 ea) not by the KB.
    This is impossible without using a data plan of some sort. Even if only pay-per-KB. MMS on a treo requires a data connection. If you send/receive MMS successfully, you have a data connection, and I can assure you it is not free.

-Frank
  2.    #22  
    I thought it was amusing that after speaking to two reps about this issue, they were convinced that MMS would be charged to my messaging plan as long as I didn't go over my picture limit (if applicable.) Then, when I told them that the specs for the 700wx says that MMS isn't supported by the 700wx, they retorted that MMS may be charged as pay-per-kb.

Anyways, I sent and received some MMS messages yesterday, so hopefully by tomorrow they will show up on my usage report and the answer will be solidified.
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanity_x View Post
    I thought it was amusing that after speaking to two reps about this issue, they were convinced that MMS would be charged to my messaging plan as long as I didn't go over my picture limit (if applicable.) Then, when I told them that the specs for the 700wx says that MMS isn't supported by the 700wx, they retorted that MMS may be charged as pay-per-kb.

Anyways, I sent and received some MMS messages yesterday, so hopefully by tomorrow they will show up on my usage report and the answer will be solidified.
    I think mine adds about $2.00 to my bill every month.
    I have the same issue with my 700w. When I receive an MMS it says"message download failed" then I get the connect to broadband access. Then it tells me my username and password failed. Any ideas on this ?? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Yeah I'd love to get the unlimited data plan, but I can't justify the $45.00 a month as I'm only a college student and this would be more convenience than necessity. I'll stick to the Spectec microSD wifi card (if it ever comes out.)

This leads perfectly into my other question: if I have a wifi card in my treo, will I still be able to have email forwarded to my phone via Outlook or some kind of push service? Is wifi pretty much like having a data plan with regards to what I can access? I know the obvious advantage of the EV-DO connection is that I will have access irregardless of where I am as opposed to needing to be in on a wireless network, but if I do have the wifi card will I pretty much have the same access to services?

Have you considered a SERO plan on Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Verizon calls the treo a business phone so the unlimited messaging does not apply
    You might not be able to get unlimited but you can get the 500 TXT for $5 and whatever the next step up is for $10. I would think that's sufficient for most people.

I had to sign up for the $5 thing because my company's Exchange 2003 server has the Activesync plug in. (When there's a new item in the message store it sends SMS telling my phone to Activesync.) Before signing up for this I saw a whole bunch of .10 charges on my bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredhead View Post
    You might not be able to get unlimited but you can get the 500 TXT for $5 and whatever the next step up is for $10.
    My 500 txt plan is $10/mo and the next step is $15. How'd you get $5/mo? I used to have 250 for $5/mo. Is that what you mean?

-Frank
  8.    #28  
    Frank, call Verizon and tell them you want to switch to the Unlimited IN messaging/pictures/emails and on top of that you get 500 messages to other carriers for $10.00, unless you already have this plan.
    Treo 700wx
    HTC HOME PLUGIN | THREADED SMS
    Frank, call Verizon and tell them you want to switch to the Unlimited IN messaging/pictures/emails and on top of that you get 500 messages to other carriers for $10.00, unless you already have this plan.
    Yes, that's what I have. The other poster seemed to be saying he had that same thing for $5/mo.
    Sorry, it's 250 TXT for $5. I just got the bill today.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I get 2000 txts free a month with Verizon. It's called the 2000 SMS Allowance plan and there is no charge for it. Search the forum for more info.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I get 2000 txts free a month with Verizon. It's called the 2000 SMS Allowance plan and there is no charge for it. Search the forum for more info.
    Beware... At some point.. (It may have been when i switched between the 700w to a 700wx) my 2000 text message plan went away and I went a few months before I noticed an extra $10-$20 charge per month. (Work pays the bill so I don't pay THAT much attention) So I called them up and said, "What gives?" They said they don't offer that plan anymore.. I thanked them for telling me, and they said they would take all those charges and I had to add the $10 txt plan.

So beware the next time your contract is up and you get a new device.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    Beware... At some point.. (It may have been when i switched between the 700w to a 700wx) my 2000 text message plan went away and I went a few months before I noticed an extra $10-$20 charge per month. (Work pays the bill so I don't pay THAT much attention) So I called them up and said, "What gives?" They said they don't offer that plan anymore.. I thanked them for telling me, and they said they would take all those charges and I had to add the $10 txt plan.

So beware the next time your contract is up and you get a new device.
    My contract just got switched back to my name from my company's name and it is still on my account.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    That's not available on family plans. Only on single lines with smartphones and unlimited data. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

-Frank
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12