Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    just got my 1st treo,700wx and so far i love it already loaded tons of apps and did my reg edits ....crashed it a few times but thats just windows...one big problem i have right out of the box is the data cable where it hooks in the fone is very loose ,im not sure if all of them or just mine but it just doesnt "hook" on the right side . so when the data cable is hooked up even if i move it a lil the thing pops off...thinking about just buying a AM one maybe the hooks grab better but i just wanna know if they are all like that ...thanks
  2. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #2  
    They are all like that! I hate when it disconnects while I'm tethering! We should probably invest in a cradle...
  3. #3  
    Mine does the same thing. One slight touch of the cable or phone, it gets disconnected. Its aggravating.
  4. #4  
    If I look at the phone while syncing it will disconnect.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #5  
    LOL!!! I guess I'm not the only one! Palm could have done a better job than that. The phone is amazing besides that....

    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    If I look at the phone while syncing it will disconnect.
  6. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #6  
    I bought a Seidio charge/sync cable from this website and it disconnects when I move the WX around. For me it seems that the left side hook/snap is the weak link.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    I bought a Seidio charge/sync cable from this website and it disconnects when I move the WX around. For me it seems that the left side hook/snap is the weak link.
    the left side? mines in on the right where the charger goes....anyone have a after market one that does not get loose?....i really thought it was just me b/c i didnt think plam would release something with such a big flaw like that...they must have thought no one would want to sync their treo...
  8. #8  
    Happens to me with my carcharger too, their connectors just suck. I have a Suction cup mount on my windshield for navigating and the cable still has slack, no tention but gravity unplugs it.... I got so frustrated I just use BT Sync with my laptop but make sure its plugged in because BT Sync drains the batt quick... I second the cradle idea, would make sense. Bastards at Palm probably did that on purpose to get us to buy them.
  9. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoezx View Post
    the left side? mines in on the right where the charger goes....anyone have a after market one that does not get loose?....i really thought it was just me b/c i didnt think plam would release something with such a big flaw like that...they must have thought no one would want to sync their treo...
    Between your connector and mine, we might be able to come up with a nicely functional and sturdy connection....LOL!

    I have a Dell Axim X30 (for my car GPS and MP3 needs) and its connector is far superior to the 700wx.
  10. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #10  
    Lets bother palm and tell them to send us a cable that connects properly to the damn device...
  11.    #11  
    so is this a on going treo problem? or just a wx thing....?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoezx View Post
    so is this a on going treo problem? or just a wx thing....?
    I've had my 700WX for about a month. I have four charge/sync cables, all of them fit snug.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_H View Post
    I've had my 700WX for about a month. I have four charge/sync cables, all of them fit snug.

    Thats your problem, you've only had it 1 month...
  14. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #14  
    ^LOL! Anyone out there who has owned a treo for more than 90 days that has a charger with a SNUG fit?

    Snug meaning the wind won't blow the damn thig loose!!!

    Anyone have any ideas as far as fabricating a housing for the sync cable to rest snugly at the bottom???
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    Thats your problem, you've only had it 1 month...
    I guess I know what to look forward to....
  16.    #16  
    i had mine for about 2 weeks when i made this thread lol

Posting Permissions