1.    #1  
    I've been using IE but I have opera installed and I keep trying to use that instead because I like the tabbed browsing and the ability to scroll the page by 'grabbing' it with the stylus. The only problem is opera is SLLLOOOOWWW!
    even just opening up it up is slow and it freezes while it's loading all the time it's just not as smooth to use as IE but IE pretty much sucks in every other department. I know there are some other options out there but I have no idea what they are.

What do you use and why do you use it?
    you can also highlight text in IE...but thats the only reason i still use it
    Quote Originally Posted by exactionfigure View Post
    I've been using IE but I have opera installed and I keep trying to use that instead because I like the tabbed browsing. and the ability to scroll the page by 'grabbing' it with the stylus. The only problem is opera is SLLLOOOOWWW!
    even just opening up it up is slow and it freezes while it's loading all the time it's just not as smooth to use as IE but IE pretty much sucks in every other department. I know there are some other options out there but I have no idea what they are.

What do you use and why do you use it?

Thank you for asking this question. I am having the very same problem with Opera. I also cannot close Opera without doing a soft reset. There's must be a solution out there or a better browser.
    I am a huge Opera Mobile fan but I agree, it's incredibly slow on the wx, I have no idea why. On the Mogul, Opera Mobile just flies. The weird part is that the Mogul isn't much faster than the wx in general use. Must be something wrong with Opera Mobile on the wx particularly.

I'm still using it though, nothing beats Opera for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Oh! Thanks g-funkster. I'll have to try that after I take my phone in to see why it stopped sync'ng to the computer.

Or is there anyway I can just install it directly from PIE?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldone View Post
    Oh! Thanks g-funkster. I'll have to try that after I take my phone in to see why it stopped sync'ng to the computer.

Or is there anyway I can just install it directly from PIE?
    Follow G-funk's instructions on installing the Java client.

Then instead of going to Opera's site, go here:
    http://defcomg.wen.ru/Nokia/mini.jar

That should work...

G-Funk: Check out this thread:

They figured a way to "sign" the jar files to avoid the permission issue that your trick solves!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    sweet, I looked into how to sign the jar and came up empty, thanks!

Edit: updated the thread to reflect new info.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 09/13/2007 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Follow G-funk's instructions on installing the Java client.

Then instead of going to Opera's site, go here:
    http://defcomg.wen.ru/Nokia/mini.jar

That should work...
    Cool. I got it downloaded to my SD card, but when I try to run I'm getting the error msg: There is no application associated with "Opera.mini". Run the application first, then open this file from withing the application.

I don't know what to do next?
    sorry, I'm a bit of a noob. I appreciate all the help you all are giving me
    Quote Originally Posted by goldone View Post
    I don't know what to do next?
    sorry, I'm a bit of a noob. I appreciate all the help you all are giving me
    You're not reading the instructions malatesta gave above. Read closer. You have to downlaod something else first.
    Your right. my badd, I just saw the bit about downloading & that should work. I'll go back thru g-funksters' thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    You're not reading the instructions malatesta gave above. Read closer. You have to downlaod something else first.

It didn't work out. I downloaded the cab file which is in zip format, onto my computer from g-funksters instructions but had no way to transfer it to my treo. Since the phone will not open a zip file, I did what I thought was a great idea. I just unzipped it and emailed the cab to my phone but that's not working either. I'm getting an error message That the attachment is of a file type that is unsafe, and Messaging will not open the attachment, and I cannot download it thru my gmail account.

I'll just have to wait until I take the phone to see if it can be repaired so I can sync once again. (sigh)

Thanks again, everyone for your help.
    I like picsel browser. I tend to use it more than pocket IE. Picsel is similar to microsoft deepfish is.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    I like picsel browser. I tend to use it more than pocket IE. Picsel is similar to microsoft deepfish is.
    I have to say Picsel is extremely impressive, but it feels more like a technology demo than a real browser. It lacks too many usability features in my opinion. it's not customizable, there are no keyboard shortcuts, very little int he way of settings, etc.

But seeing it load and assemble a full screen webpage in 2 seconds is extremely impressive.
    It's funny. As a POS user, you hear about all the great WM browsers. After I got my wx, I ended up going with... PIEPlus. The other browsers are slow, bulky, and take up a ton of RAM.

PIE+ and OperaMini FullScreen give me all the functionality I need.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    It's funny. As a POS user, you hear about all the great WM browsers. After I got my wx, I ended up going with... PIEPlus. The other browsers are slow, bulky, and take up a ton of RAM.

PIE+ and OperaMini FullScreen give me all the functionality I need.
    I second that, those are the only browsers I have, I use Opera Mini for doing banking, or reading the news in full page, and I use PIEPlus for launching media streams in Media Player or any streaming like Orb.
    My vote is Opera Mini as well...