Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Ok, call me stupid but I cannot figure out where to get the Resco today screen plug-in. I have Resco Explorer 2007, and I have figured out how to download the Resco registry editor, but I can't find the today plug-in. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bum View Post
    Ok, call me stupid but I cannot figure out where to get the Resco today screen plug-in. I have Resco Explorer 2007, and I have figured out how to download the Resco registry editor, but I can't find the today plug-in. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    when you run the desktop install, it gives you a bunch of options of things to install: Explorer, Reg Editor, FTP and Screen plugin. So just download that and re-run it.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    oh ok maybe that's the problem. I have never syn'd using ActivSync. I have just been downloading the .cab files. does anyone have the .cab file for this or a way I could download it other than installing using ActicSync.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bum View Post
    oh ok maybe that's the problem. I have never syn'd using ActivSync. I have just been downloading the .cab files. does anyone have the .cab file for this or a way I could download it other than installing using ActicSync.
    I'll look late tonight when I get home.

    If anyone else wants to in the meantime, on your PC: \Programs\Microsoft ActiveSync\Resco

    Or something similar to that...basically there should be .cab files that you installed under that directory.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #5  
    Try Menu-preferences-today settings then look for Resco Today Plugin & make sure its checked. Hopefully that helps.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Try Menu-preferences-today settings then look for Resco Today Plugin & make sure its checked. Hopefully that helps.
    Thing is, if he's just doing the .cab from Resco, it's usually just Explorer/Editor, if I remember correctly. The Today Plugin is not installed by default.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Thing is, if he's just doing the .cab from Resco, it's usually just Explorer/Editor, if I remember correctly. The Today Plugin is not installed by default.
    You might be right Mal. Thinking about it though, I just recently upgraded to Resco Explorer 2007 & I actually had to UNcheck some options because by default, it had every option checked. Including the desktop options so unless he unchecked the Resco Today Plugin, he should have it installed. Then again, as soon as I had installed it, the today plugin was activated immediately on my today screen.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    You might be right Mal. Thinking about it though, I just recently upgraded to Resco Explorer 2007 & I actually had to UNcheck some options because by default, it had every option checked. Including the desktop options so unless he unchecked the Resco Today Plugin, he should have it installed. Then again, as soon as I had installed it, the today plugin was activated immediately on my today screen.
    lol, you almost got it...

    You installed with the Desktop installer, which installs by default the desktop items for Resco, including the Today Plugin.

    He never did that. All he did was install the .cab file from Resco. That doesn't have the desktop components (obviously) nor the Today Plugin.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #9  
    Ohhh, I see. Its a good thing I didnt use the cab. file then because I would've been in the same boat. LOL
  10.    #10  
    Thanks Mal. I would appreciate it. I'm not sure why I'm afraid of Activsync. Maybe its because I had so many problems with Palm Desktop. What is your opinion of ActivSync? Good program?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bum View Post
    Thanks Mal. I would appreciate it. I'm not sure why I'm afraid of Activsync. Maybe its because I had so many problems with Palm Desktop. What is your opinion of ActivSync? Good program?
    Well, I don't sync with my desktop, so I do this:

    Connect via AS. When it asks to create a Profile, decline and just "Connect as Guest".

    Now you are (a) not syncing with the desktop ergo no chance of overwriting your contacts/calendar and (b) you can still install programs and use Explore your Device

    Even PDANet works like this. Sure you have to "cancel" every time you run AS, but if you are really unsure, just connect as guest and no issues.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #12  
    Bump.

    attached is the Today plugin, I think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13.    #13  
    Yup, that was it. Thank you very much.

Posting Permissions