Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    This one compares it with the 750.

  2. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #2  
    Gah! The micro-SD is UNDER the battery? Bopkus!

    I look for something in this phoen to convince me it's a good device but the fatcs are there for all to see...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  3. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #3  
    Here's another video, but without sound:
    You can see the menu's quite well. It's from a spanish review so the menu's are spanish as well.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    Here's another video, but without sound:
    You can see the menu's quite well. It's from a spanish review so the menu's are spanish as well.
    I don't know/don't care who made that Start menu system, but it looks 1000x better than the default WM Standard start menu, which is just a bunch of icons, splattered across endless pages to scroll through. Just on sheer usability it's better than its competition (although that Samsung carousel is not too bad either).

    Overall the device looks nicer than my Q except for two things: no dedicated email button and no scroll wheel.

    The card under the battery is a non-issue for such a low end phone as once you throw in a 4gb micro-sd card, not many are going to be switching it out. (For the self-defined "power users" that's a different story, but they would never use WM standard in the first place.). The upside is it keeps the device looking cleaner. It's what Apple would have done too.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #5  
    you think once this phone come out to the market that the XDA guys can port this to other WM6 standard phones, like the Q, BlackJack or the Dash?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    you think once this phone come out to the market that the XDA guys can port this to other WM6 standard phones, like the Q, BlackJack or the Dash?
    Certainly possible...

    Only "issue" is this is technically not an HTC device, so XDA will feel no strong need to create a sub-forum for it. We'll see though.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I don't know/don't care who made that Start menu system, but it looks 1000x better than the default WM Standard start menu, which is just a bunch of icons, splattered across endless pages to scroll through. Just on sheer usability it's better than its competition (although that Samsung carousel is not too bad either).
    The question of who made it is important because it tells us whether Palm is still capable of innovating and whether we might expect to see a slick UI in the new Linux Treo.
  8. #8  
    So actually its slightly smaller than the other Treo. This video just reminds me how much I hate horizontal portrait screen.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Certainly possible...

    Only "issue" is this is technically not an HTC device, so XDA will feel no strong need to create a sub-forum for it. We'll see though.
    I was not talking about a Sub forum, just getting the menu extracted so other users of WM6 standard or what not can use the menu.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    I was not talking about a Sub forum, just getting the menu extracted so other users of WM6 standard or what not can use the menu.
    My point was that with no sub-forum, XDA won't attract any users of the Treo 500, so who are you going to get with the expertise to extract/walk the files and repack them?

    I mean, not even the samsung Carousel plugin has been successfully extracted, so without someone proficient, it won't be easy.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter

Posting Permissions