1.    #1  
    I couldn't find anything, but if this has already been discussed, please point me to the thread.

I got an MMS message today, but when I tried to open it, it didn't open the picture (I verified it was a picture that had been sent). It only gave me the option to "Play" the message, but when I hit the Play button, nothing happened.

It looks like it's trying to open every message as a video, even if it's a .jpg file.

I'd appreciate your help!
    Im in the same boat as you. I heard there is some sort of picturemail hack for verizon, but I am not sure of the details.
    If you're like the rest of us our Treo's don't support MMS, just SMS.... PIctures, Videos, etc have to be sent over email. There are certain hacked programs like SPrint Real Mail that let sprint users have SMS, but I haven't seen others yet.
  4.    #4  
    When I first got the phone, the MMS worked. Since then, I have installed the SMS threaded hack from this forum, a number of other programs that probably wouldn't affect MMS, and today I installed an SD HC card using another cab file found on this forum. Could any of those files have caused this problem?
    Threaded SMS could affect it, it has affected other programs that I've installed to the point that I had to hard reset, and start from scratch. Especially any program that intertwines with the Messaging.