1.    #1  
    I have gotten tired of my 700wx for various reason.... Main one stababilty & screen size... I am really considering the HTC Touch by sprint.... >>> click on the link and view the video ... its very detailed and really depicts the phone....please advd me if its a good contender....thanks(also i dont like that it doesnt have a querty keyboard & who knows if it can be used as a modem for internet use like 700wx but nice phone regardless!
    Last edited by chavezguy04; 09/12/2007 at 05:45 PM.
    Its like going from a Treo to an Iphone, I could not do without a QWERTY keyboard, the whole touch thing is too weird for me, I'd be afraid of "Fat Fingering" a lot of options like the address bar in internet explorer, or especially the touch keyboard. I've also played around with the software on the touch, even though its WM it has a lot of its own HTC software thats trying to compete with the Iphone and I didn't like that software, maybe just because I'm not used to it but I like having a stylus and a keyboard.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    Its like going from a Treo to an Iphone, I could not do without a QWERTY keyboard, the whole touch thing is too weird for me, I'd be afraid of "Fat Fingering" a lot of options like the address bar in internet explorer, or especially the touch keyboard. I've also played around with the software on the touch, even though its WM it has a lot of its own HTC software thats trying to compete with the Iphone and I didn't like that software, maybe just because I'm not used to it but I like having a stylus and a keyboard.
    Agreed on what u said but i think that I could probably install a software that would be a keybord but touch like the i phone on there to aliviate the keyboard problem... now the only thing that would hold me back is the spec.... Does anyone know if its faster than tea as far as processer is concerned mem,ect........
    Before making any decision I suggest you download PocketCM keyboard to your 700WX and give it a try.

http://www.pocketcm.com/dl.php

It is a little awkward on the 700wx due to the recessed screen, but it will give you a good idea what using a soft keyboard is like.

I've used the iPhone's keyboard, PocketCM Keyboard is similar, and IMHO they both suck compared to a hard keyboard.

That's not to say I am not also considering the Sprint Touch. And the info over on engadget regarding CPU and memory our outstanding; but the lack of keyboard...

I find myself in the position where I have to get another Sero plan, so what phone to get? I have narrowed my decision down to 3, another 700wx, the Mogul, and the Sprint Touch.

Sprint Touch Pluses
    • New more powerful CPU
    • Most RAM and storage memory available on a Smart Phone so far (per engadget)
    • Windows Mobile 6
    • Cool interface layer ontop of WM6
    • Out Nov 4th

Sprint Touch Minuses
    • No hard keyboard, built-in MS soft keyboard sucks, need addon (PocketCM above is good option)
    • Not out until Nov 4th

Sprint Mogul Pluses
    • Available NOW
    • Windows Mobile 6
    • Availability of HTC Home screens from other HTC devices make it a true 1 handed device.
    • PocketCM keyboard adds to the one handed equation
    • Dual CPU for zip
    • Slide out keyboard for when typing is really needed

Sprint Mogul Minuses
    • Underpowered in the memory department
    • Even with the alternative home screens and soft keyboards the Mogul is still not the ideal 1-handed device

Sprint 700wx Pluses
    • Available NOW
    • Cheap (relatively of course)
    • Check out those HTC Home Screen alternatives!!! (see below)
    • 1.15 Update gives native Bluetooth stereo support
    • SDHC driver now available for 4g SDHC card support (multiple partitions needed on larger cards)

Sprint 700wx Minuses
    • Windows Mobile 5
    • Some have complained about stability issues, I havn't had them however

I have recently discovered the effort's going on regarding those wonderfull HTC Home Screens found on other HTC devices. Specifically the following:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=hide+menu

Using just the cab file from the above thread, and hidelogo, I have ended up with the following Today screen on my 700wx. And this is nothing compared to what others are doing.

So what am I going to do? I was leaning towards the Mogul, but I really like the central positioning of the d-pad on the Treo (easier for my old hands to use), and the Touch is something to brag about.

But based on the skinning options available right now I will probably get another 700wx. After all the new WiMax phones come out next year...

Link Dump
    HTC tabbed Today Plugin - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=hide+menu
    Hidelogo Today Plugin (hides carrier bar) - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=954
    Black Curves theme - http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/preview.asp?ID=59511
    Unpin HTC Home Plugin by changing HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/HTCHome/Type from a 5 to a 4 with your favorite Registry editor
    How is that HTC application on the Ram of the Treo? It looks like that SPB application.
    I have a HTC Touch. The Sprint Touch will address some of the HTC Touch's main problems - lack of 3G and more memory. In addition they will use a faster processor, which will mean the Touchflo features will work more smoothly. Furthermore, the Sprint Touch will probably have more touchflo features than even the HTC Touch, such as a HTC-made iphone-like picture viewer. Basically the experience will get better and better, as HTC takes criticisms of the Touch on board.

Of note is that the Touchflo features quickly become second nature, and when you go to other devices you wonder why the screen does not scroll if you wipe your finger over it.

Surur
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I have a HTC Touch. The Sprint Touch will address some of the HTC Touch's main problems - lack of 3G and more memory. In addition they will use a faster processor, which will mean the Touchflo features will work more smoothly. Furthermore, the Sprint Touch will probably have more touchflo features than even the HTC Touch, such as a HTC-made iphone-like picture viewer. Basically the experience will get better and better, as HTC takes criticisms of the Touch on board.

Of note is that the Touchflo features quickly become second nature, and when you go to other devices you wonder why the screen does not scroll if you wipe your finger over it.

Surur
    Sounds good when do u anticipate we will be seeing this phone in the states..... also Do u think its a good contender against the treo 700wx or better as far as what it can do????
  8.    #8  
    Specification Processor
    TI's OMAP™ 850, 201 MHz

Operating System
    Windows Mobile® 6 Professional

Memory
    ROM: 128 MB

SDRAM: 64 MB DDR

Dimension
    99.9mm (L) X 58mm (W) X 13.9mm (T)

Weight
    112g with battery

Display
    2.8" LCD touch screen with backlight

240 X 320 dots resolution with 65,536 colors

Network
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800, 1900 (The device will operate on frequencies available from the cellular network.)

Device Control
    HTC TouchFLO™

5-Way navigation control

Connectivity
    Bluetooth® 2.0

Wi-Fi® IEEE 802.11 b/g

HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB and audio jack in one)

Camera
    2.0 megapixel CMOS color camera

Audio Built-in microphone and 3-in-1 speaker

Windows Media Player supported formats: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, QCELP, MPEG4, AMR-NB, AMR-WB

Battery Rechargeable Li-lon battery

Capacity: 1100 mAh

Standby time: Up to 200 hours

Talk time: Up to 5 hours

Expansion Slot microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)

AC Adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60Hz

DC output: 5V and 1A
    Quote Originally Posted by chavezguy04 View Post
    Sounds good when do u anticipate we will be seeing this phone in the states..... also Do u think its a good contender against the treo 700wx or better as far as what it can do????
    It's already been stated: Nov 4th on Sprint, give or take.

Is it better? Their both WM so they can do 95% of the same things (the difference coming from the Touch's WM6, e.g. html email).

This is mostly a decision about form factor and what you prefer. The Mogul is a beast of a PPC--very powerful, but I found it awkward to use compared to the Treo. It's not better or worse, just different. Same with the Touch.

Also, the touch only has 1100mah battery, which is pretty skimpy (it's slightly less than the Moto Q). I'm sure it'll hold for the day, but you have to think about what you are planning to do with this device and how much time per day.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's already been stated: Nov 4th on Sprint, give or take.

Is it better? Their both WM so they can do 95% of the same things (the difference coming from the Touch's WM6, e.g. html email).

This is mostly a decision about form factor and what you prefer. The Mogul is a beast of a PPC--very powerful, but I found it awkward to use compared to the Treo. It's not better or worse, just different. Same with the Touch.

Also, the touch only has 1100mah battery, which is pretty skimpy (it's slightly less than the Moto Q). I'm sure it'll hold for the day, but you have to think about what you are planning to do with this device and how much time per day.
    O i c ...well good points.... Now i am sure that as far as battery life that they would probably create a replacement battery with higher battery life.... now the touch does also have what appears to be a easier user interface than the treo currently... also my thing is: is can this out perform the treo 700wx????(as far as specs)???
    O i c ...well good points.... Now i am sure that as far as battery life that they would probably create a replacement battery with higher battery life.... now the touch does also have what appears to be a easier user interface than the treo currently... also my thing is: is can this out perform the treo 700wx????(as far as specs)???
    As far as the UI, it's preference. I'm not a huge fan of touching the screen, but I haven't tried the Touch yet either, so I'll have to wait and see. The Treo is probably one of the more "one handed" wm devices out there.

Regarding "performance", hard to say. Just on paper/benchmarks, the Touch is faster. But Palm really optimized WM to run very quickly and I don't find too much of a difference between it and the Mogul (same chipset at the Touch). The Touch though is upgradeable to RevA, so it'll be faster on the internet, whenever that update happens.

Unless you are in dire need of an upgrade, I'd just wait till the 800w comes out so you can go to the store and play with both and then decide, not have any regrets and/or loose money.

Just wait till some reviews come out and see one in a store at the very least.

12.    #12  
    As far as the UI, it's preference. I'm not a huge fan of touching the screen, but I haven't tried the Touch yet either, so I'll have to wait and see. The Treo is probably one of the more "one handed" wm devices out there.

Regarding "performance", hard to say. Just on paper/benchmarks, the Touch is faster. But Palm really optimized WM to run very quickly and I don't find too much of a difference between it and the Mogul (same chipset at the Touch). The Touch though is upgradeable to RevA, so it'll be faster on the internet, whenever that update happens.

Unless you are in dire need of an upgrade, I'd just wait till the 800w comes out so you can go to the store and play with both and then decide, not have any regrets and/or loose money.

Just wait till some reviews come out and see one in a store at the very least.
    You have good points... My concern now is being that you brought the (rumored)800w/p into the picture is the spec & such so the thing is availablity for touch nov & treo 800(who knows)?????? Do you think even with the launch of the treo 500 that the treo 800 will be coming out anytime soon?????

(ALso check this video out that would answer typing issues (VIEW BOTH AND SEE WHAT U THINK NOW)!!! thanks in advance for feedback everyone!!!
    Last edited by chavezguy04; 09/13/2007 at 06:23 PM.
    You have good points... My concern now is being that you brought the (rumored)800w/p into the picture is the spec & such so the thing is availablity for touch nov & treo 800(who knows)?????? Do you think even with the launch of the treo 500 that the treo 800 will be coming out anytime soon?????

(ALso check this video out that would answer typing issues (VIEW BOTH AND SEE WHAT U THINK NOW)!!! thanks in advance for feedback everyone!!!
    Latest word for the 800w is this:

Q1 2008 (Jan-March)
    Rev A
    Wifi
    320x320

No details on memory, camera, processor, etc, though they should be on par with with the Touch/Mogul and maybe, if Palm is smart, it'll exceed them.

I've seen those vids, like I said, I'm not convinced that it's better than a hard keyboard for myself. This is something you'll just have to experience to make a call on.

I would see the Touch more as a toy than a work horse. It depends on your priorities. Both devices do the same stuff, but Touchflo is not about increasing productivity, but about an experience. If the device is for work, get a Treo.

Surur
    Latest word for the 800w is this:

Q1 2008 (Jan-March)
    Rev A
    Wifi
    320x320
    Oughta work for me. My contract date for a discounted phone on VZW is Feb '08. Even with VZW taking a couple of more months to get it (than Sprint probably) I'd be willing to wait.

Sounds great to me.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    How is that HTC application on the Ram of the Treo? It looks like that SPB application.
    You will need three things.

The HTCHome Plugin
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=hide+menu

HideLogo to hide the carrier bar (top line, starts with Sprint)
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=954

And a good registry editor.

Read the above threads for additional info. Further questions should be posted there. The Treo 700w/x section on the PPCGeeks forum has many more similar topics.

Also, Aribis has a cool theme he is creating, see the "What does your today screen look like" thread on this board.
  17.    #17  
    IT Will be released in the USA on nov 2nd and will have a 400mhz prosser double than what the uk version has .....(faster) wifi! ad2p & 2mp cam aswell as modem for laptop!!!!!