Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Hmm. Perhaps I still don't know what to look for, because I just see a common background image...
    Yeah all I see is the same homescreen. All carriers do that, including Sprint with their godawful yellow themes for the Mogul and Moto Q.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    No ringer switch, no Palm threaded SMS app -- see my post in the other Treo 500v thread for more info.

The Vodafone program launcher was developed in conjunction with Palm & Microsoft, though I'm not sure who did the actual programming. It is just a program launcher though, albeit a very shiny one.
    I'm surprised that Palm left out 2 of the biggest things that differentiated itself from the other Windows Mobile players. The ringer switch should have been left, and threaded messaging should have been added. It works on the Dash and the Vox, so it should work fine on the 500. The ringer switch is one of the best features of the Treo, all phones should have it. I'm not really sure what Palm was thinking with this one.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm losing patience with Palm, and I've been very patient! I've had a Pilot 500, Pilot Pro, Palm III, Palm Vx, Clie 665c (why did Sony drop this line? - they were years ahead of Palm!), and for the last few years, a Kyocera 7135. The 7135 still works great. It can do email, show pictures, act as a pretty good mp3 player, has voice-dial, and... a mute/vibrate switch! However, it's kind-of slow, and can't run any OS5 apps, which is almost all cool stuff.

I've been watching every Treo, but didn't think any of them were as good as the 7135. I really want a clam-shell phone, but none of the "smart" phones seem to have this form-factor anymore. I know the 755 is supposed to be on Verizon soon, but it's going to be expensive, and probably require an expensive data plan, which I don't need. I'd rather have WiFi, which Palm doesn't seem to know exists.

I thought of jumping to WM6, but then I tried a couple at the Verizon store. Way to cumbersome for quick, on the go, use.

In the last couple of days, I've started looking into Blackberrys. The 8830 does Verizon/CDMA plus GSM/Simcard, has a nice screen, multi-media apps, etc. Not as many programs as the Palm, but they have Spider Solitaire, which is my main app :^) No touch-screen, but the trackball worked pretty well. I think the new Curve even has a 3.5mm, normal headphone jack!

And, unlike Palm, the Windows desktop isn't a garbage program that hasn't had any real upgrade for almost ten years!

Any comment? Other people switching or thinking of switching?

David
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlopa View Post
    No ringer switch, no Palm threaded SMS app -- see my post in the other Treo 500v thread for more info.

The Vodafone program launcher was developed in conjunction with Palm & Microsoft, though I'm not sure who did the actual programming. It is just a program launcher though, albeit a very shiny one.

also..no self-portrait mirror by the camera.
    a simple answer: automatic profiles

once you're in a meeting, at a specified time, let say from 1pm to 4pm, then your phone will be in vibrate, after 4pm, it automatically switch back to normal
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12