1.    #1  
    I am trying to install a certificate for SSL. I have gone to OWA saved the certificate then transfered the file through active sync when I click on the cert I get the error cannot access certificate. Any idea's? I am using WM5, Exchange 2003 sp2, I selected base64 for the cert.

I have looked around on the net but can't seem to find anything that will work.

TIA,
    Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by wesoloski View Post
    I am trying to install a certificate for SSL. I have gone to OWA saved the certificate then transfered the file through active sync when I click on the cert I get the error cannot access certificate. Any idea's? I am using WM5, Exchange 2003 sp2, I selected base64 for the cert.

I have looked around on the net but can't seem to find anything that will work.

TIA,
    Brett
    Do you have a cert installer? That's the first thing you need. You put the cert installer on your phone and then you add the cert to your phone and it should work. That is what I had to do last week to get my 750 to sync. If you need the cert installer PM me. Also, did your company provide you with the cert?
    Last edited by playboy; 09/12/2007 at 08:47 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3.    #3  
    Ok I got a cert installer on my phone. The one from Microsoft SmartPhoneCertInstaller, when I got to install the cert it says this is not a valid certificate file. Please select a valid file. No my work did not provide me with a cert. I copied it from OWA access. I created it as base 64 as that is what I read on a different website. The cert is through Network Solutions.

Any idea's?

TIA,
    Brett
    Ok I got a cert installer on my phone. The one from Microsoft SmartPhoneCertInstaller, when I got to install the cert it says this is not a valid certificate file. Please select a valid file. No my work did not provide me with a cert. I copied it from OWA access. I created it as base 64 as that is what I read on a different website. The cert is through Network Solutions.

Any idea's?

TIA,
    Brett
    I tried that cert installer on MS' site and it doesn't seem to work like it should. The IT guys at my job gave me the cert installer and the cert that works with our server. That's why I asked whether your company provided you with a cert. You can try the cert installer I have if you like.
  5.    #5  
    Ok I got the cert to install. Wasn't using the root cert. But now I get the error the security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your exchange server administroator or isp to install a valid certificate on the server. I have looked at the certs installed on this shows up on the phone. This is NOT a self created cert. So it is valid. I did notice when I went to OWA on the phone it said the same thing. So I am guessing it isn't recognizing it.

Any idea's?

TIA,
    Brett
    Ok I got the cert to install. Wasn't using the root cert. But now I get the error the security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your exchange server administroator or isp to install a valid certificate on the server. I have looked at the certs installed on this shows up on the phone. This is NOT a self created cert. So it is valid. I did notice when I went to OWA on the phone it said the same thing. So I am guessing it isn't recognizing it.

Any idea's?

TIA,
    Brett
    I had the same problem. You need to install the cert that the server is using on your phone.
  7.    #7  
    Ok now I think the cert is working. I had to delete it and then register the correct one. But now the screen keeps coming to the user information saying to correct the password. Well I know it is correct. I think it is a HTTP 401 unauthorized well at least that is what it is saying in the logs. Seems something must not be set up correctly with exchange.....

Well if you have any thought it would be great.

TIA,
    Brett
    having the same problem. Looks like the cert is working but cannot logon to exchange 2007. Any ideas?
    Ok now I think the cert is working. I had to delete it and then register the correct one. But now the screen keeps coming to the user information saying to correct the password. Well I know it is correct. I think it is a HTTP 401 unauthorized well at least that is what it is saying in the logs. Seems something must not be set up correctly with exchange.....

Well if you have any thought it would be great.

TIA,
    Brett
    To clarify, having exactly this same problem.