Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41  
    Hmmm. Interesting pics.

    It certainly does looks nicer than the Dash and Moto Q q9, which is the epitome of a "slab" device (and keeping up with Moto's baby upgrades).

    The keys look good too, especially the "main" ones (soft and green/red)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The keys look good too, especially the "main" ones (soft and green/red)
    The Q's keyboard looks very typable however, and reports are that its the best front-facing keyboard ever.

    Surur
  3. #43  
    yes but the Palm's keyboard actually has a backspace key
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    yes but the Palm's keyboard actually has a backspace key
    actually, on the regular Q it's to the left of the Red key. On the Q q9h, they seemed to have a different icon with the looping back symbol (?)

    The Q's get points for having a scroller wheel (at least the U.S. Q9 does, not the euro Q9h) and a dedicated button for email. The eye for light balance is also nice, though I'm not sure how well it works yet.

    The treo looks more pocketable though.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #45  
    A scroll wheel is something I'd hope Palm would add to future Treo's
  6. #46  
    No I think the GSM Q has the scroll wheel while the CDMA version does not. I really like the idea of the scroll wheel. Yeah this makes the Q and the Dash look a little bland and ugly.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    No I think the GSM Q has the scroll wheel while the CDMA version does not. I really like the idea of the scroll wheel. Yeah this makes the Q and the Dash look a little bland and ugly.
    lol, no the Q q9h has no scroll wheel (which is what is pictured here).

    Q q9m, Q q9c and Q (original) all CDMA, all have scroll wheel.

    Q GSM (original) also has a scroll wheel.

    Confusing indeed!

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The Q's keyboard looks very typable however, and reports are that its the best front-facing keyboard ever.

    Surur
    I have an original Q and I have played with VZW's new Q9m a few times. I really like that keyboard - a really nice improvement over the original Q's as well as the T650 I had and the BB 8830 I tried out. The Mogul had good spacing/layout, but while it was accurate it could still wear you out from "reaching" so far with the thumbs!
  9. #49  
    As I have mentioned before I am pleased that Palm is doing something even if this is not the device for me. However will they ever catch up?

    I have found my new device, slated for November or December 2007, 3 months and counting.

    Palm show us more we want to spend our money on quality devices.

    HP IPaq 914
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=152775

    Regards
    graylion
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    Guess what guys. When I start listing all the things I can do with my mobile phone people are interested at first but then their eyes gloss over. They just don't care about most of it. The one thing that gets a lot of people is the abillity to use TomTom on my phone. Everyone loves that. If I had to say they left something out it would be GPS but they had to leave something to get us to buy the "high-end" phone.
    I'm happy to use a blutooth GPS but what's bugging me is how do you use TomTom without a touch screen? I can imaging doing without for pretty much everything else (it may even be better in many cases) but I can't think how TomTom would work.
    Does anyone have experience of TomTom with no touch screen? Is it possible?
    Last edited by andyhurley; 09/18/2007 at 12:27 AM.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm happy to use a blutooth GPS but what's bugging me is how do you use TomTom without a touch screen? I can imaging doing without for pretty much everything else (it may even be better in many cases) but I can't think how TomTom would work.
    Does anyone have experience of TomTom with no touch screen? Is it possible?
    I use a different GPS package than TomTom but, if I may respond, I'd be displeased if I had to get around without the touchscreen. Very.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm happy to use a blutooth GPS but what's bugging me is how do you use TomTom without a touch screen? I can imaging doing without for pretty much everything else (it may even be better in many cases) but I can't think how TomTom would work.
    Does anyone have experience of TomTom with no touch screen? Is it possible?
    It works fine without touching the screen. The touchscreen just makes it easier to operate while you're driving but I would never do that and you shouldn't either.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions