Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I thought he worked for Apple ?

Surur
    ROTFL
    I really like the looks of this device. At first, I didn't like the silver, dividing band above the keyboard where the 5-way navigation button is, but I'm getting used to that. Plus, when you see all sides of the 500, you see that this theme continues on the sides with the silver border and also on the back where the camera and speaker are located. Very nice. I like the looks of the grey model much better than the white one. Sammy from Palm Addict does a of the Treo 500v too and his 500v is the grey one.

I personally wouldn't buy one even if they were here in the states, but I do like to look. ;-)
    Well, sorry about that link in my previous post. I see that it comes up "blank page". Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilnszkUqWak
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    this is the big news we were waiting until Sept 12th for?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    WM6 Standard and still no WiFi. Passing on the 500 and waiting for something better.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I dont mind a big device, but there has be be a pay-off in some way. If its big it has to be because they could not fit in the latest greatest in a smaller package.

When everyone else has shown they can fit in more in less Palm just looks weak.

Surur
    exactly....big today equals a pseudo laptop equivalent. most all other devices have become radically less bulky than the good ol' Treo while offering most of the same functionality. it's laughable, really.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Just a few facts for you guys.

1 - Everyone doesn't follow the thinner is better thing. I would much rather have better battery life and a good feel in my hand.

2 - This phone was never trying to be top of the line. For that you will have to wait. Tough luck.

3 - For many people this phone is not falling short to the iPhone in anyway (except GPS and Wifi). The iPhone doesn't do half of what most WM phones can do plus it has no physical keyboard. It still doesn't do IM right? That is becoming big among the regular people.

Wasn't the Q just re-released with basically the same form factor as before. So it's a little thinner big whoopee. I think Palm was trying to be different on purpose. If the ultra thin thing has been done to death why try to follow suit. My 700w is still fine. A little smaller would be fine but I definitely don't need the world's thinnest phone. Listening to you guys you would think the Motorola Razr is still taking the world by storm. Regular phone users have gotten over the novelty of super thin along time ago. It's time for you guys to let it go. It's about features and from that standpoint as long as the iPhone is locked down this has it beat. Most people will not use Wifi on there mobile phone. I know it's hard for the uber-geek crowd to believe this but it's just true. Most of your friends/acquaintances don't care. Same for GPS. Although I believe this is closer to a mainstream feature than wifi. Maybe Apple and Starbucks will change the interest level of wifi on mobile phones among regular people. We will see.

Guess what guys. When I start listing all the things I can do with my mobile phone people are interested at first but then their eyes gloss over. They just don't care about most of it. The one thing that gets a lot of people is the abillity to use TomTom on my phone. Everyone loves that. If I had to say they left something out it would be GPS but they had to leave something to get us to buy the "high-end" phone.
    You are so mistaken. We are trying to tell Palm why they are failing in the market. You are actually enabling that failure by given excuses for their devices looking 3 years old.

BTW, thick is not the new thin.

Surur
    A European phone with no wifi is bad IMO. Data still may not be as accessible price-wise there as it is here in the US. US residents decide to use the "all you can eat" data instead of wifi only because it's accessible and cheap. Except for Verizon and ATT's PDA plans, but even they are cheaper than Europe's data rates, I've read on here.

And more bad new Big Treo. All the new phones may not all be bone thin, but they're certainly streamlined and thinner than past phones. So YES, the RAZR may have changed perceptions even if it is somewhat crappy.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Seems to be a little slow starting up in that video posted.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So, it's not just me? Good to know.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    tick tock..the clock is ticking on palm..

Nothing to see here..move along..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Really? Looks faster than my Q for starting up...in fact it looked pretty fast all around. 30-40 second boot time seems pretty standard for these devices. I think watching a video of any WM booting up is fairly painful.

If you want to see slow, check the new Moto Q9m from Verizon.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Really? Looks faster than my Q for starting up...in fact it looked pretty fast all around. 30-40 second boot time seems pretty standard for these devices. I think watching a video of any WM booting up is fairly painful.

If you want to see slow, check the new Moto Q9m from Verizon.
    Oh crap. I misunderstood.

I thought she was saying the video was slow to start.

*stands in corner w/ dunce-cap on*
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    *stands in corner w/ dunce-cap on*
    You're not alone. 30-40s seemed pretty normal to me, so I thought she meant the video as well.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    You're not alone. 30-40s seemed pretty normal to me, so I thought she meant the video as well.
    lol, now I'm confused too She owns a smartphone, so should should know what to expect.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Here's some pictures from the unwired of the 500v. Ignoring the thickness, it looks a lot smaller than its compatriots, which may direct some people in its direction.

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=phot...ard-smartphone

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Looks pretty small compared to those Looks nicer too
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Looks pretty small compared to those Looks nicer too
    That Moto Q looks pretty awful.

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts