and it has a mini USB connector!
    Some quick facts and figures according to my calcs:

Compared to the 750v it is:

20% smaller by cubic capacity
    22% lighter
    21% thinner
    2% shorter
    4% wider

As it is running windows mobile 6 standard I assume it means no touchscreen?

Will I change my 750 for it? Maybe when the unlocked version is available. Having a 3G phone in the UK on the Vodafone network is just too expensive. (No more than 1 per day they cry - so you mean 31/30/28 per month then? ) At least with T-Mobile you get an unlimited data plan for 7.50 per month.
    No touchscreen, but the mini-USB is a bit of a shocker. Depending on the price (and Voda's data) this could be ok for Palm. Doubt that it will be a huge seller. It should have come with 1GB internally at this price point, that would have made for some clear differentiation (even at the expense of cannabalizing the 750v).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...artphones.html

Its funny, when you look at the comparison page, apparently even Palm does not know what processor it uses, and equally funny they are not sure the Treo 680 runs on an Intel processor

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    It should have come with 1GB internally at this price point...
    They haven't announced pricing yet have they
    Mini-USB, 2MP camera, BT 2.0 + EDR, 256MB, nice!

However.. it's still kinda thick which would be forgivable if they were packing great battery life for something like WiFi.. but Wifi's missing and the 1200mah battery isn't very impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    They haven't announced pricing yet have they
    Will be less than the 750v if my guess is right. Nevertheless, it needs something more than a low price as a differentrator (though with a low price and a nice swing of marketing to enterprise types, it could be a solid, but not overwhelming, seller).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Hey, this doesn't appear to have a ringer switch! There's only an On/Off button on top. I sincerely hope they have one, or that at least they're not planning on removing this from future Treos (800w plz)

Edit: seems pretty clear there's no switch. argh that's so wrong
    Last edited by g-funkster; 09/12/2007 at 07:52 AM.
    Unwired confirms the memory card is under the battery.

Surur
    Unfortunately still using the annoying 2.5mm jack. At least A2DP is there so you can avoid the jack altogether.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    There's only an On/Off button on top.
    The On/Off button is usually the red phone button so the switch at the top should be the ringer On/Off switch.
    Nah, look, it has the standard power icon:

Read tc's preview. No ringer switch. Touch screen is why I stay with Treo. If future treo's eliminate this, the new five way button seems cramped. I'd rather go with a new Q and deal with its share of problems. At least it has great BT support.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    The On/Off button is usually the red phone button so the switch at the top should be the ringer On/Off switch.
    Not according to Palm's detailed specs.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Mini-USB, 2MP camera, BT 2.0 + EDR, 256MB, nice!

However.. it's still kinda thick which would be forgivable if they were packing great battery life for something like WiFi.. but Wifi's missing and the 1200mah battery isn't very impressive.
    Exactly what I said in the other 500 thread. Substantial battery life would compensate for depth. IMHO, it looks thin enough for me...I like it. If you go to the work menu on the site you see the guy in the suit holding it up to his ear and you can see how thinner it looks in his hands using him as scale.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Standard for WM or Palm?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Standard for WM or Palm?

Surur
    Standard for WM, as in, not threaded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast