Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Anybody see what's highest capacity supported by the MicroSD slot?? Ringer switch better be present on higher-end devices (should be on all.) The bluetooth specs look good (for a Palm) on paper.
    "Automatic delivery of Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo!, and Gmail, email as it arrives" Is there some special sauce to make these work like push mail?
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Nah, look, it has the standard power icon
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Read tc's preview. No ringer switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Not according to Palm's detailed specs.
    Ok, Ok, so I was wrong

More evidence that this wasn't designed by Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Read tc's preview. No ringer switch. Touch screen is why I stay with Treo. If future treo's eliminate this, the new five way button seems cramped. I'd rather go with a new Q and deal with its share of problems. At least it has great BT support.
    I was ready to jump off the Q ship until the last MOL came out - now the darn thing works! BB's are too expensive from a data standpoint and the Mogul was just too much of a Swiss Army knife. That darn Q9c coming to Sprint is looking better all the time - particularly as I see more and more in regards to "new" Palm devices!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Anybody see what's highest capacity supported by the MicroSD slot?? Ringer switch better be present on higher-end devices (should be on all.) The bluetooth specs look good (for a Palm) on paper.
    "Automatic delivery of Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo!, and Gmail, email as it arrives" Is there some special sauce to make these work like push mail?
    The push email solution: Offer 4Smartphones hosted Exchange service as an alternative to RIM's BES for up to 5 different accounts. "4SmartPhone doesn't require that their customers use their own domain, and they will set your account up so that you can forward another email address to your Exchange mailbox and have emails sent from your Exchange mailbox appear to come from that email address. Other servers like Mail2Web and Sherweb don't support this."
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Some WM Standard devices (like the Dash) let you hold down the # key to turn on vibrate mode. The Dash also lets you tap the Power button to bring up a profile chooser (Normal, Vibrate, Silent, Outdoor). I don't miss the mute switch.

I DO however miss the threaded SMS. Many of the 3rd party threaded apps like TXTMAN don't work with WM6 yet. I think there is a 3rd party app by oldsap on the xda-developers forum that works with WM6.
    Palm should develop and sell the threaded SMS as a 3rd party app for ANY WM6 device if they aren't going to include it.
    At least that way they don't have to lose money due to piracy.
    I've long considered the best part of the Palm OS to be threaded SMS. The rest is so 1980's.
    Mines looks similar to that, if I have received the first text from a person that I do not have conversation with(if that makes any sense). So it could have threaded SMS?
    Ya think Sonja there has a twin brother "Sony"?
    The standard WM SMS app sucks. It requires way too many key presses to create a new message:

Press button for messaging app
    Select Text/Multimedia
    Press Menu
    Select New
    Cursor down to select SMS
    Press Menu
    Select Add Recipient
    Pick Name

Arrrggh
  11. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    The standard WM SMS app sucks. It requires way too many key presses to create a new message:

Press button for messaging app
    Select Text/Multimedia
    Press Menu
    Select New
    Cursor down to select SMS
    Press Menu
    Select Add Recipient
    Pick Name

Arrrggh
    You don't need to do the Menu/Add bit. Just press Select in the To: field to launch Contacts - or type a few letters of the name and select the right one when you press Send.
    I have a Treo 500v in my hand that I'll be reviewing over the weekend. Feel free to ask me any questions about it and I'll check back periodically to answer, but I can confirm:

* No ringer switch
    * Standard WM SMS application
    * microSD card slot under the battery
    * 2.5mm headphone socket with hands-free kit in the box

Last edited by Adlopa; 09/14/2007 at 11:45 AM.
    What speed is the processor and is the new menu from Palm or Vodafone?

Surur
    Adlopa - I just got my email notification and I see you have edited - I guess you can just press and hold the "Home" key and a menu will pop up that allow you to change the profile to silent or vibrate. So, 2 key presses allow you to turn the ringer off. Right? Just like my Q.
    @Surur: According to the Palm site, it's a Marvell PXA270, but I don't know the speed yet (WM6 Standard doesn't give that info). The new menu was implemented specifically for Vodafone, but apart from a Vodafone Live sub-menu, it's generic. It works reasonably well, but it doesn't show user-installed apps (though they do appear in the recent programs list) - you need to open up the standard WM6 Start menu for that.

@Bubbatex: Well-spotted You can access the keylock and ringer profile options with a quick press of the power button - a fact that slipped my mind. Easy enough, but you need to look at the phone to do it.

The Home key simply takes you back to the Today screen and the Windows key is a soft key that brings up the Vodafone interface. There are a couple of ways to access the WM6 Start menu, such as Home > Main menu (press the centre button for this - it displays a custom UI for Calls, Messaging, etc) > Applications.
    Last edited by Adlopa; 09/14/2007 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlopa View Post
    @Surur: According to the Palm site, it's a Marvell PXA270, but I don't know the speed yet (WM6 Standard doesn't give that info).
    My HTC Vox does say what speed the processor is.

Its under Settings>More>Device Information.

Surur
    It is an ODM rebadge. Interesting.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Hm, looks like the Palm site is mistaken (http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...rtphones.html).

Settings > About says Intel PXA270 but it doesn't state the speed.
    Intel recently sold their mobile processors to Marvel, hence the name change.

Surur
    Ah, I don't follow this stuff to that level, I'm afraid...

Couple of pics you might be interested in:

Edit: Just noticed that the keyboard backlight is significantly dimmer than the Treo 680, too.
    Last edited by Adlopa; 09/14/2007 at 01:53 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast