Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    OK...let me see if I can help a bit:

1. If you have one of the latest versions (.99p is the latest) if you go to the reg editor you can see 5 lines (maybe more I can't remember exactly) for 'exceptions' this will keep your 'unit' from locking if the apps you specify are running. As far as wanting them to run while your locked, I don't have any problem with that with the latest version either.

2. Sorry....can't help there, I get that at times as well, but I ignore it, I just use my SMS app (PocketCM), and don't pay attention to the alerts....sorry.

3. I don't see any battery drain on my device.

I know it isn't much, but the first thing I would try is getting that latest version and seeing how it goes. Let me know if you need help finding it.
    Well, I did some more research and I got another version that is supposed to be written in C++. It doesnt have many of the add-ons, its just the basic lock. But, it still shuts down running apps. Im still reading the xda forums, theres a ton of posts about this.

I did try the .99 but the mistake I made was not uninstalling the previous version first. I may try that with .99 and see how it works.

Thanks
    JC
    I aint nobody, dork!
    I got 1 question... Why why would anyone with a TREO try to imitate an iPhone? What's up with you guys? What's next? Disabling MMS, and a reg trick to turn off the ability to copy/paste text, and a browser that can't save pics off the net just so it looks more like an iphone? How bout we all stop recording videos ( coz the iPhone can't do that one aswell ) and start donating our money to Steve Jobs? Oh and a custom Treo faceplate with the apple logo would look great...
    Sorry for my critisism, but i hate that thing, and i hate seing people owning PDA's ( much better in any way, and more functional ) trying to turn their pocket PC'S into iphone imitations..
    Wow, little too much caffine today?? lol

I dont think its so much trying to imitate the iPhone as much as adding cool functionality. Also, Im sure the people that create this stuff to work on the Treo's are having alot of fun doing it. To them its a challenge to say, been there done that.

The fact that we can have the new look, which you have to admit is kinda slick, and do all the stuff ibone cant is just putting it in their face.

Be happy, keep Treo'ing.....
    I aint nobody, dork!
    I will chime in with jchrist here just to say that I have a few of these 'iphone-type' apps because I like the functionallity of them. I do agree that if I wanted an iphone, I would purchase one, but I don't. I love the feel and functionallity of WM, and love the Treo in general, but you have to admit there are a few aspects of iphone programming that are pretty cool. For instance; finger-scrolling....pretty cool, even larger software companies are implimenting it (SPB's Pocket Plus anybody?)!!

The very app this thread is based on is a FANTASTIC lock for my PPC. I really dislike the native lock, and feel the sliding lock is so much easier and better looking. The media player is amazing as well, with cover-flow!!!

That is about as far as I go, I don't want an iphone skin or anything likr that, but I don't hold it against those of us that do, you can get a cool look out of that as well (my itouch can attest to that!!!).

Just my 2 cents!!!
    Well, I love this application but cant use it. My issues are:

1. Shuts down programs when activated.

2. Does not alert me of incoming SMS's and SMS notification is not available upon unlock.

3. Same as above for VM.

4. The meaning/functionality of some of the settings is not clear.

5. Drains battery.

If any of the above can be resolved (without reading 4000 posts in 5 threads) I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

JC
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    S2U2 dude... IF you can't read through 4000 pages, try the 5 in this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=353008
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    S2U2 dude... IF you can't read through 4000 pages, try the 5 in this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=353008
    Yup, that did it. Thanks!

Do you hate MI as much as I do??
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Ok, dumb question: What is the phone application called? I want to put it in the exceptions for S2U2. Thanks.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    I believe it is just 'Phone'
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Well, I have S2U working great, have for some time, and even started to modify the themes. Anyway, one thing I noticed today, while surfing this forum, was reminders. I usually cradle the phone as soon as I get to work but today I just let it lay there. Well, it lit up, for no apparent reason, until I got a meeting reminder on my pc. There was no reminder on the phone, it just woke up. Now, I do have Memmaid running a cleanup and S2U2 installed and running, both implemented about the same time so Im not sure which one is the culprit but I thought I would ask here first.

Oh yeah, one other thing, when I get a call, the S2U caller ID screen with the talk and end buttons stays after Im done with the call. I have to soft reset to make it go away. How to fix??

Thanks!

JC
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Well, I have S2U working great, have for some time, and even started to modify the themes. Anyway, one thing I noticed today, while surfing this forum, was reminders. I usually cradle the phone as soon as I get to work but today I just let it lay there. Well, it lit up, for no apparent reason, until I got a meeting reminder on my pc. There was no reminder on the phone, it just woke up. Now, I do have Memmaid running a cleanup and S2U2 installed and running, both implemented about the same time so Im not sure which one is the culprit but I thought I would ask here first.

Oh yeah, one other thing, when I get a call, the S2U caller ID screen with the talk and end buttons stays after Im done with the call. I have to soft reset to make it go away. How to fix??

Thanks!

JC

How much program memory are you currently using? I had the same problem with the Caller ID function until I disabled VoiceCommand (a big memory hog)...now....running like a top!!!!

As far as the reminders, I had a situation recently where all my alarms cut out on me, and memmaid just didn't cut it. I wound up using PMClean, and it deleted a few duplicate notifications that Memmaid couldn't handle, and then the alarms started working great!!!!

Good luck!!
    Right this minute, ~18 mb in use, ~39 mb free. Its usually around 40-41 free. I dont run a bunch of stuff all at once.

I guess my question really is why am I not getting the standard calendar alert, the white box at the bottom of the today, or any, screen??
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Memory sounds good, sorry....that was my best shot....have you posted the problem over at XDA to A_C? He may know why the notification is getting blocked, or what/if you can do about it!!
    I think im missing something.. I cant download the config. file... but the program still works as a basic lock...
    is that what it's suposed to do.. just a lock?
    I realize it's not a theme but I cant configure it to do anything so im assuming I need that file.
    someone point me in the right direction please
    haha super.. I just got an email saying i needed to finish registering (on my treo while typing the last post!!) and now im able to download
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345