Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    1. Looks good.
    2. Goto http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=314703

    There is a newer file for you to use 1.219 instead of 1.216

    Put unzip that file on your PC, use the activesysnc file explorer to move that into the /program files/ slide2unlock directory

    3. Forget the configuration file if your doing the registry editing. (or download the CF 2.0 & you can use the config file). Its one or the other.

    In the reg (using Resco), goto that directory you mentioned:

    Change these items, then reset the phone:

    CallerID: 2 (this sets thumbnails) - if for some reason this isnt working, change it to 1
    Dpadon: 1 (lets you use the Dpad instead of having to use the screen)
    Slide2Answer: 1
    Autostart: 1 (this will make sure the app runs on each reboot)
    I would also suggest that you make the following changes:

    ShowAppointment: 1 (this will show your next appointment from your calendar)
    TimeFormat: H':'mm':tt (This will be 11:16PM)


    My info was: IncomingText (just like that, not incoming call - try changing it to that)

    If you make those changes, reboot the phone, your caller ID should work.


    Edit: Not everything is needed just for caller id (time changing, appointments, dpad, etc) Those are just extra
    Can you send me a link to the configuration file you are using I'm still having difficulty setting this up and I can't get it to work properly.
  2. #62  
    so I added the program... got the slide thing to load...but when trying to access the config folder I get this :

    this appliation requires a newer version of microsoft . net compact framework than the version installed o this device.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshChrissy View Post
    so I added the program... got the slide thing to load...but when trying to access the config folder I get this :

    this appliation requires a newer version of microsoft . net compact framework than the version installed o this device.
    I get the same message too.

    Also, how do you import the reg settings file for the globe screen saver ?
  4. lonur1's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #64  
    Ok I think I figured it out on my own...

    To access the config. folder yuo have to download NET CF 2.o off Microsoft's site then put i folder on cpu (and run it) then sync to Treo.
  5. lonur1's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #65  
    Now.. how do I get teh "spinning earth" to work? Do I simply drag it into the slide 2 unlock main folder?

    How do I use a picture that I have saved?

    Thanks
  6. lonur1's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #66  
    FYI..... to safe the 22 + MB of space used for the NET CF 2.0 file, put it on you memory card instead. It will still read it and you will not waste any device space.
  7. #67  
    Seems stupid, but how do you switch the background from the flower to something else? I can't seem to find the setting for it...
    END OF LINE
  8. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Seems stupid, but how do you switch the background from the flower to something else? I can't seem to find the setting for it...
    Alien, you have to change it in the registry. I can look in a bit but thats where it is. But you might also want to try to find the .86 version because it comes with a simple settings app that doesn't require .net 2.0
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  9. #69  
    Yup, I'm running .86 - just DL'd it today... let me know what the key is when you have a sec dimitri - no rush - thx!
    END OF LINE
  10. #70  
    Also, just out of curiosity, I don't suppose there's any workaround for the whole "not turning on properly" thing, right? I know that it was mentioned earlier, but it is kind of annoying.

    I'm assuming not.
    END OF LINE
  11. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #71  
    It's not a key in the registry. Go to Program Files > S2U2 > gfx. Inside this folder there is a file called wallpaper and wallpaperL. The file wallpaper is the flower and wallpaperL is the Golden Gate Bridge. If you want to replace the flower with another file, rename the file wallpaper to wallpaper1 then name the new file wallpaper. Then go to the restart S2U2 and you will have the new image that you want. Also as for the power on issue I don't think that has been fixed or will be fixed as the thread has closed. And I have switched to the i-760.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  12. #72  
    Cool - thanks, dimitri - appreciate the info.
    END OF LINE
  13. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #73  
    Anytime Alien.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  14. #74  
    I use the S2U2 from xda. I like it, but i have a problem when i receive text messages/sms. the older slide2unlock will ring/vibrate and pop up the message with the option of "goto" or "dismiss" when i receive the sms and when the screen is locked and standby.. but in S2U2, i get the vibration/ring but it doesnt pop up ... any idea what to change?
  15. #75  
    Wow, that would be great - mine's not doing that either, but I never used it before, so I have nothing to base it on...
    END OF LINE
  16. #76  
    FYI, anyone using S2U2, there's a new version out, with more options for background wallpapers/animations. It's 0.95. Been using it for a few days, and it's solid.

    Also, I found a workaround for the pressing-the-power-button-a-million-times-to wake-the-device-issue. I found that on my device, if I press the Start key as opposed to the power button, it not only wakes the device faster than from the power button, but I don't see the issue where you have to press 2-3 times to get it to turn on.

    I'd be curious to know if anyone else can replicate that, I assume someone can.

    As it stands, I couldn't be happier with S2U2 now, because that was my only gripe!
    END OF LINE
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    FYI, anyone using S2U2, there's a new version out, with more options for background wallpapers/animations. It's 0.95. Been using it for a few days, and it's solid.

    Also, I found a workaround for the pressing-the-power-button-a-million-times-to wake-the-device-issue. I found that on my device, if I press the Start key as opposed to the power button, it not only wakes the device faster than from the power button, but I don't see the issue where you have to press 2-3 times to get it to turn on.

    I'd be curious to know if anyone else can replicate that, I assume someone can.

    As it stands, I couldn't be happier with S2U2 now, because that was my only gripe!

    I did notice this work-around a while ago, and your correct, it does usually work better/faster, but it eventually does the same thing (preeeing a couple times to wake device). It is faster though, I use it whenever I remember (END is habit for me LOL).

    I would suggest, as you did, people use that work-around if they like S2U2, and don't mind this issue, but still want to wake device faster!!
  18. #78  
    Your also correct.....the new version ROCKS!!!!!!
  19. #79  
    I installed this and had a few issues.

    1. When slide locked my unit, uh huh huh, I said unit, it shut down everything I had running: SMS, Resco, eWallet....is there a setting to fix this??

    2. When I get a new SMS, slide does show the little bubble with a 1 but when I unlock it, the 'notification' above the left soft key is not there. Why?

    3. This thing sucks the battery down like crazy. Is there a tweak for this?

    Other than those things, I love this application. Thanks.

    JC
    I aint nobody, dork!
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    I installed this and had a few issues.

    1. When slide locked my unit, uh huh huh, I said unit, it shut down everything I had running: SMS, Resco, eWallet....is there a setting to fix this??

    2. When I get a new SMS, slide does show the little bubble with a 1 but when I unlock it, the 'notification' above the left soft key is not there. Why?

    3. This thing sucks the battery down like crazy. Is there a tweak for this?

    Other than those things, I love this application. Thanks.

    JC
    OK...let me see if I can help a bit:

    1. If you have one of the latest versions (.99p is the latest) if you go to the reg editor you can see 5 lines (maybe more I can't remember exactly) for 'exceptions' this will keep your 'unit' from locking if the apps you specify are running. As far as wanting them to run while your locked, I don't have any problem with that with the latest version either.

    2. Sorry....can't help there, I get that at times as well, but I ignore it, I just use my SMS app (PocketCM), and don't pay attention to the alerts....sorry.

    3. I don't see any battery drain on my device.

    I know it isn't much, but the first thing I would try is getting that latest version and seeing how it goes. Let me know if you need help finding it.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions