Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BTW, I opted for the manual changing of the reg (at your own risk) instead of installing the CF 2.0 software + the S2U config program (which needs CF 2.0).
    favorite reg editor on the treo

I don't know what that means can you please explain
    Hi,

I was talking about a Windows Mobile Registry editor. Playing with a reg editor without knowing exactly what your doing is a great way to perform a hard reset. I would suggest that you download Resco File explorer which has a registry editor, or you could just download the 2.0 framework & install the configuration program they created (much safer).

Rich
    ok I had something wrong with an alert program and it messed somethings up, given that I didn't have to much on my phone to begin with I did a hard reset.

So..

having nothing out of the ordinary installed on my phone as of now if follow the exact steps per the first post I should be ok and I don't need anything else for this program to work, correct?
    Yes, that sounds correct. Get the resco explorer trial which has a trial of the reg program.

There is another free reg program but I forget the name.

Please take a look at the Slide2Unlock readme as it does describe what each item in the registry does.

For the most part, 0 = no/off, 1 = Yes/On, 2 = some other option.

Good luck, you should be fine.
    When I try to setup the caller id it will not work when a call is incoming it says there is an error. but I retitled it as the directions say "Incoming call" since that appears on my phone it still doesn't work any ideas?
    I think that the actual reg entry for incoming call was incoming call... (not the ...'s). I had to edit that.

Whatever they have as the WM6 setting is correct for WM5 but you will need to rename that portion to remove the extra characters. (I uninstalled this because of an unrelated issue I had on the phone - I didnt reinstall it yet).

EDIT: Go back into the registry to find it in that same directory. You will see the caller ID name, just edit that to get rid of the extra characters.
    I don't understand if I'm missing something this is what i'm doing step bye step.

1. i download the cab wm5 file from my device and save to the device
    2. I download the 1216 file at the bottom of the first post to my computer. Unzip it and add it to the same location on my device via hotsync
    3. download the last file (configuration file) to the same place and again first unzip on my desktop
    4. soft reset.

after that at most I will get the slid to unlock screen but nothing more if I try to add caller id i just get the error.

Please help
    1. Looks good.
    2. Goto http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=314703

There is a newer file for you to use 1.219 instead of 1.216

Put unzip that file on your PC, use the activesysnc file explorer to move that into the /program files/ slide2unlock directory

3. Forget the configuration file if your doing the registry editing. (or download the CF 2.0 & you can use the config file). Its one or the other.

In the reg (using Resco), goto that directory you mentioned:

Change these items, then reset the phone:

CallerID: 2 (this sets thumbnails) - if for some reason this isnt working, change it to 1
    Dpadon: 1 (lets you use the Dpad instead of having to use the screen)
    Slide2Answer: 1
    Autostart: 1 (this will make sure the app runs on each reboot)
    I would also suggest that you make the following changes:

ShowAppointment: 1 (this will show your next appointment from your calendar)
    TimeFormat: H':'mm':tt (This will be 11:16PM)

My info was: IncomingText (just like that, not incoming call - try changing it to that)

If you make those changes, reboot the phone, your caller ID should work.

Edit: Not everything is needed just for caller id (time changing, appointments, dpad, etc) Those are just extra
  10. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Thanks RichTJ99 for that breakdown. I was able to get the incoming caller id to work using "Phone incoming" but my issue is when trying to make a call. It brings up the regular treo dialing white background, not the slide background? Am i missing something?

The other issue is that this app seems to freeze up my treo quite often. Is this normal?

Thanks.
    i've been using slide2unlock for about a week now and although the look is cool there are too many bugs for my taste to keep it. The power button thing is a problem, it usually turns on after about pusing the power button 3 times. I also can't figure out the settings for it and it goes to the lock screen when i don't want it to including in the middle of calls. It will actually mute the line until i unlock it and then i can hear the other person again. It also rejects calls when i want to answer. I wish it worked better because it does look really cool, however, it just too much of a hastle for me to keep on my device.
    I am assuming this is a version of "slide to Unlock" from the iPhone, I am not really familiar with the iPhone. I got to see one for the first time yesterday, (Cingular/AT&T not big around here) I did like the slide to unlock feature. does anyone have any screen shots of what all this app does, or a youtube vid of it in action?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey i tried to install this and it doesnt launch...how or what do i click to launch this...and will this work also on the 750??
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I was able to get the incoming caller id to work using "Phone incoming" but my issue is when trying to make a call. It brings up the regular treo dialing white background, not the slide background? Am i missing something?

The other issue is that this app seems to freeze up my treo quite often. Is this normal?

Thanks.
    Tis is really only a lock program. Yes it has other features but it doesn't take over your dial pad and this is not a theme for your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    i've been using slide2unlock for about a week now and although the look is cool there are too many bugs for my taste to keep it. The power button thing is a problem, it usually turns on after about pusing the power button 3 times. I also can't figure out the settings for it and it goes to the lock screen when i don't want it to including in the middle of calls. It will actually mute the line until i unlock it and then i can hear the other person again. It also rejects calls when i want to answer. I wish it worked better because it does look really cool, however, it just too much of a hastle for me to keep on my device.
    Try downloading the CF .NET 2.0 and use the config program they created. Also you can turn off an idle switch in the program so it won't lock in the middle of a call.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  15. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response dimitri. I am aware that is basically a lock program but how do i get the "dialing" screen a c posted in his newest version thread?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I noticed that after I posted my responce but I don't know if that is a feature that will work with the Treo.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    i actually did download net cf 2.0 even though i didn't want to. and i downloaded he config program but still had problem. i uninstalled everything and i'm way happier now that my treo responds to how i want i tto.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    Slide2Unlock is finally fixed for the 700wx! I have to say it is an awesome application now, I've been waiting a long time for this app to work for us! All the extras like Full Screen Caller ID, Appts on Main Screen, Weather on main screen, they all work using a new simple Configuration Program. No more registry editing to get these things to work. All you have to do is go to this link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=314703

1) Install the WM5 Cab file
    2) Download the iLOCK-1226.zip file at the end of the first post, copy the new iLock.exe over to the \Program Files\Slide2Unlock to update it to the newest version
    3) Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1458 to download the Configuration program and place it in the same file \Program Files\Slide2Unlock

Then restart the phone, open the config program and go to town, I enabled Full Screen Caller ID, SPB Weather program, and appointments shown.

Have fun!
    Thanks AFAngryWarrior for this post, I tried this setup followed your instructions and those on the XDA website and all seems to be working well. I showed a few people this at work, and along with my Sling Mobile they are really jealous. I think some of the techs I work with may end up buying the 700wx.
    One other thing, the XDA site has a cool spinning earth animation which replaces the lame flower which I also have working. (I made a small 200K video, but didn't realize I couldn't upload it.)

I wonder if there is more animation out there?

I have one question, when I first had this running, I used to get a green handset on the left and a red handset on the right when I received a new call. Now the default New Voicemail pop-up occurs. Would you know how I can get the two handsets back?

I just wish I didn't have to install .Net CF to my device, ugh!

Thanks again AFAngryWarrior
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Spinning earth vid attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast