Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    They did work for me which is why I'm telling people about them, but you just come in and say "I never knew it was broken, its working for me" well thats not helping anyone? I'm letting a lot of people from the previous Slide2Unlock thread that were having trouble and gave up on the program like me, how to get this version up and running....
    Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    Don't use the reg editor, download .net 2.0 for Mobiles and use the configuration program, that makes it run nice and smooth.
    The config program is just a registry editor. Are you using CM for the full screen caller ID? I cant get the full screen caller ID to work.
    So i installed the cab but the other to files once i download to my sd card i can find them but how do i put them where they need to go also i think i did place in the files in right place but tells me that i need to run them in oder to use them????
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    The config program is just a registry editor. Are you using CM for the full screen caller ID? I cant get the full screen caller ID to work.
    Yes it is a reg editor, but it saves me about 10 steps of finding these reg keys. I do use the CM for Full Screen caller id and it works flawlessly, in the CONFIG Program there is a tab "Caller ID" I chose "Full Screen" from the drop down box. The reason people really should use this config program is because some of the reg edits can't be used together and work, you cant have caller ID full screen and enable DialeID as well, DialID only works with Thumbnail and the CONFIG program tells you this. The biggest mistake I made when I used the old version and a registry editor is I just went enabling what i thought would be good. The config program doesn't let you do that, only what works together. Trust me, download that program...
    But the big thing is that I don't wanna to install .net CF 2.0...
    Last edited by Tranman; 09/13/2007 at 09:34 PM.
    The problem with the config program is the Net 2.0. It can really lag your device, and most WM5 users try to stay away from it.

I'm glad people are having success with it. I tried it a few months back, and noticed many issues. While some have been corrected in this new version (like calls being disconnected in mid call), I am still having the problem of needing to press the power key multiple times in order to see the Slide2Unlock screen. It's not all the time, but enough to make me not keep it...
  7.    #27  
    Thats the weird thing about Windows based computers/phones. A program can run great for one person, while it messes up someone elses computer. for me .net and Slide2Unlock both work great for me, haven't had any problems since installing it. As far as the press power thing, I've heard other treo users have that problem without Slide2Unlock, wonder if its a Treo issue and not a Slide2Unlock issue? I dont have that issue.
    once i installed it every time it would "lock" a error would pop up saying some bmp image would lock up,and when i would get calls i would have no caller id at all fone would ring but all i would see is the today screen...maybe i installed it wrong or d/led the wrong stuff i duno...between the stuff the OP said to do and d/l then on the other site the huge post the maker made with the 50 links to updates/config files....was a lil confusing ..if someone could just make 1 post that everything we would need to d/l for the treo and how to install it on our fone would be helpful i think...
    Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    As far as the press power thing, I've heard other treo users have that problem without Slide2Unlock, wonder if its a Treo issue and not a Slide2Unlock issue? I dont have that issue.
    That sounds possible, but since I never have this problem with the Treo keyguard, it seems like there's something else going on. Plus, when I followed the thread over at xda months ago, many other Treo users were expressing the same thing... Maybe you've figured out the right settings to make it work more reliably.
    I think it is more along the lines of AFAngryWarrior's suggestions. Part of the wonder and allure of Windows/WM5 is the personalization and detailing you can do. The flip-side of this plus though is that with so many apps out there, and so many people creating their own personal 'device', there is a countless number of conflicts/glitches/problems that can occur depending on apps installed, use of , or even the order of the apps. I think he is lucky to have the correct configuration for it to work, and I am a bit jealous, but I am overall happy with S2L on my device as well, I guess we who have that glitch just have to play with it until we get lucky, or decide to either live with it or not!!!

(Sorry if I went on too long there!!!!)
    so this is just the slide 2 unlock app, not a iphone theme for Treo right?
    Correct...it is not a theme for the phone. I would hesitate to call it JUST a lock though, I think A_C has transcended that label by adding weather, appointments, missed calls, v-mail.....notifications on the lock screen, he has created the slide to answer as well as a full screen caller ID screen. He has done quite good work on this, and I don't for a second think he is done either....I think he has a couple more tricks up his sleeve for us!!!
    sorry, did not mean to belittle it in anyway, I was just trying to see if it was a theme or a not...it does look like a great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    sorry, did not mean to belittle it in anyway, I was just trying to see if it was a theme or a not...it does look like a great app!
    I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to make it sound like that, I just love this app, and think A_C has done some great work, It never even went through my mind you were 'belittling' it, and I didn't mean too imply that idea, sorry again!!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    That sounds possible, but since I never have this problem with the Treo keyguard, it seems like there's something else going on. Plus, when I followed the thread over at xda months ago, many other Treo users were expressing the same thing... Maybe you've figured out the right settings to make it work more reliably.
    Thanks for saving me the trouble of downloading it and installing it.

I really like this app, and I want it to work so badly on the WX reliably. But I can't sit there and fight with the thing to power-up the screen. And it seems like a lag issue....perhaps due to Net 2.0?
    it won't let me download the iLOCK-1226.zip file it says I don't have the authority.
    ok well I just put this on my phone but I don't have any features displayed. all I get is the slid to unlock feature and once it's unlocked it won't do anything untill I go to programs and click on the slid to lock program. I don't get full screen display on caller ID or the big red hang up button etc. little help please.
    anyone have any good backgrounds for slide2unlock? im looking for the earth theme having trouble finding it though...
    where do you go to edit the settings with this.

for example I'm trying to set up the caller id option but I don't understand how to follow this step

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\Slide2Unlock
    Matty - if your using your favorite reg editor on the treo, there are three items you can pick for caller ID.

0 (off)
    1 (full screen photos)
    2 (thumbnail photos).

Just change the reg number from 0 to 1 or 2. I didnt install CM so I couldnt use the full screen photos. 2 worked for me. If you have CM try 1.

Just remember to reboot your phone after the changes are made.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast