1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have a 700wx (verizon) and I just purchased an SD wifi card. The wifi works great, there is only 1 issue. I keep the card in at all times, and want it like that. Anyone with the wifi card know that when you first start it up, it comes up with a warning of what "Palm Recommends..." but this warning can mess everything up. If i get an incoming call, the ringer will start and then stop due to this notification. It is also just a pain in general to experience that notification everytime i just simply want to make a call. It can actually go as far to make certain things unresponsive, and I have to do a soft reset. If i go about this the proper way, and "dismiss" this notification, everything works awsome, but if not, it causes a headache. I was wondering if there is any way to do one of the following:

1. Get rid of this notification for good.
    2. Disable the sd slot and I can select when to turn it on or off.
    3. Turn off/on the wifi connection at my discretion.

Is there possibly any way to disable the notification in the registry?

Anything really to get that pesky notification off the screen! Any help is really appreciated.

Sam
    samcrac,

Unfortuately I can not answer your questions. However I am curious, what software version are you running on your 700WX? It seems alot of us with version 1.22 are having problems using WiFi cards.

Thanks,
    Tom
  3.    #3  
    I am using 1.20. there has to be some regedit to fix this message. if it just went away for good I would be pretty much problem free... please if somepne has any registry skills if they could figure out how to disable this message! thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrac View Post
    I was wondering if there is any way to do one of the following:

1. Get rid of this notification for good.
    2. Disable the sd slot and I can select when to turn it on or off.
    3. Turn off/on the wifi connection at my discretion.

Is there possibly any way to disable the notification in the registry?

Anything really to get that pesky notification off the screen! Any help is really appreciated.
    I don't know how to get rid of it, either, but I sure wish I did. It's a PITA.
  5.    #5  
    At this point I would be willing to pay someone to help me out with this!!! Its so bad. If i don't figure it out within another week, I am going to off this phone! If someone could figure out how to:

A. Disable wifi, when you are not planning to use it, and
    B. Turn off the damn notification everytime you turn it on!

It would be so greatly appreciated! And like I said, I would be willing to PAY!!! PLEASE HELP!!!
    I just upgraded to 1.24.. and guess what... it's still there!

The only thing i can recommend is to pull your wifi card when you're not using it!
    I do not know if this will work, but you can manage notifications (to some exent) with MemMaid.

I have not tried this sort of thing, though, so it may or may not work.
    can you give some insight on how to get WiFi.

I will be moving overseas and will be using Skype to call back to family. I don't want to be stuck to the computer all the time to make calls.

Info needed.
    What brand Wifi card
    any software needed

You said your using version 1.20 so that's a start.

Thanks