Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 116
  1. #2  
    Well dang. That was fast/nice of you.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  2. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #3  
    looks pretty nice.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  3. #4  
    Looks great! Wish we were getting it here State-side (sooner than later).

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #5  
    Thank God its not called the Otto

    Surur
  5. #6  
    yeah ... looks good. much better then Centro. but, alas, i dought we will be seeing it in the US.

    Also - Way to go Palm. Another new phone. Another low end phone (no touch screen = lower price = low end). It's been interesting: Engadget article, dumped foleo, terrible MR for 700, new centro, new treo 500, recent NY time article, 755p. The new just keeps on coming.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  6. #7  
    no touch screen is a deal breaker for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why would they do that
  7.    #8  
    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1336-1.htm

    yeah, it's definitely low end. I hate to be a hater - but unless this thing is somehow magical in some way I haven't seen, I can't see it as anything other than the fat, uglier brother to the Blackjack.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Thank God its not called the Otto
    That would have been horrible.

    "You Otto buy one!"

    "You Otto see what this thing can do!"

    ...death by pun.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chavezguy04 View Post
    no touch screen is a deal breaker for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why would they do that
    Different market, different OS
  10. #11  
    Hello,

    I've got a somewhat better picture here.

    Peter
  11. #12  
    I think the screen is impressively large, and if it matches those leaked specs its 2.7 inches, which is gigantic!

    Surur
  12. #13  
    I like a lot, nice big screen...and it probably will look better when we see the real release. It does look better than the Centro. I think Palm may surprise us all and come back taking no prisoners but then again who knows, but if they do, I said it here on Treoentral.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13. #14  
    I think the problem is that they keep trying to sell mobile e-mail and business functions, and then try and sell this to consumer in phone shops. Consumers want entertainment, and WM, POS and Blackberry are just not designed for that.

    Surur
  14. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1336-1.htm

    yeah, it's definitely low end. I hate to be a hater - but unless this thing is somehow magical in some way I haven't seen, I can't see it as anything other than the fat, uglier brother to the Blackjack.
    I think that's exactly right-- it's a blackjack clone (which itself was a Q and Dash clone). I'm a Q user, and I find that it's almost the PERFECT phone (for me). If the new Treo 500 has everything the Q (or Blackjack) has, but includes threaded text and perhaps better battery life, it might be enough to be a compelling option. With the following caveats though: it better not be too much fatter, and I hope Palm is realistic that while it's "special sauce" might be a nice value add, it doesn't deserve ANY sort of price premium. No one will pay 2X as much as a blackjack (i620) because of the Palm brand.
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I like a lot, nice big screen...and it probably will look better when we see the real release. It does look better than the Centro. I think Palm may surprise us all and come back taking no prisoners but then again who knows, but if they do, I said it here on Treoentral.
    Quote myself...in actuality it looks like a bigger version of the Centro, but it looks better. I guess it does to me because the extra realestate.
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. #17  
    At least it proves they can do BT 2.0 and a 2MP camera. At 16mm that's still pretty thick for a non-touchscreen.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1336-1.htm

    yeah, it's definitely low end. I hate to be a hater - but unless this thing is somehow magical in some way I haven't seen, I can't see it as anything other than the fat, uglier brother to the Blackjack.
    It may be low end but its nice i.e. not as nice as the blackjack IMHO, and being nice gives us hopes on whats in store on the horizons for the flagship.
    at&t iPhone3G
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    At least it proves they can do BT 2.0 and a 2MP camera. At 16mm that's still pretty thick for a non-touchscreen.
    I heard 13.9

    Surur
  19. #20  
    But the iPhone doesn't have a keyboard...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions