Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks for the article Dieter! I would have no use for it since it doesn't have a touchscreen. It looks very nice though.

Here's that bit from the photo translated from Babel Fish:

"With the palm Treo 500 you can remain according to your own wishes linked. It combines tel., e-mail, messaging, the web, and Windows mobile with palm extra's as a result of which you can remain more easily than ever productive. Receive e-mail from several accounts business or personal. The web goes up where you stand also with fast 3G networks. Or, play relax and lustre to your favoriete music videoclips, or make and send photograph."
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I heard 13.9

Surur
    A reliable source informed us that Palm is to announce the new Treo 500v very soon. It will run Windows Mobile 6, will come with a 240320 screen, has 150MB of memory and communication will be possible using UMTS. The expansion slot will be Micro-SD, just like the Treo 750. The dimensions are slighly less than the Treo 750: 61110x16mm, and also the camera (2.0MP) and Bluetooth (v2.0) are slighly better. The device will be available in grey and white.
    (source)

So, it's thicker than the Q/Dash but 4mm more narrow. I actually prefer that as I found the Moto Q too wide (haven't tried the Dash). (It's competitor, possibly, Moto Q9 is: 118 x 67 x 12, so this is 6mm thinner, but is more thick)

The rest looks pretty good though...or rather passable. If the price point is kept low, as it seems it will be, then this may be a great low-end smartphone.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I think the screen is impressively large, and if it matches those leaked specs its 2.7 inches, which is gigantic!

Surur
    2.7 inches, bless my everloving windows mobile soul, if thats so, then I reckon the iphone 3.5 inch screen must be super-humongous!
    Interesting a lower end phone that has a better camera than the top of the line models. Please let the camera be good and please let it have threaded SMS.

BTW will this be coming in white as the earlier leaked pictures show?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Interesting a lower end phone that has a better camera than the top of the line models. Please let the camera be good and please let it have threaded SMS.

Depends on how you view things...technically, if this is their nex-gen stuff, then their top of the line have not been released yet.

It comes in gray or white.

Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    2.7 inches, bless my everloving windows mobile soul, if thats so, then I reckon the iphone 3.5 inch screen must be super-humongous!
    Not as big as my 50 inch TV. Thats ginormous!!!

Surur
    Ah make sense then. I would like to get one if it comes with WiFi, threaded SMS and is on a Sprint and VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    (source)

So, it's thicker than the Q/Dash but 4mm more narrow. I actually prefer that as I found the Moto Q too wide (haven't tried the Dash). (It's competitor, possibly, Moto Q9 is: 118 x 67 x 12, so this is 6mm thinner, but is more thick)

The rest looks pretty good though...or rather passable. If the price point is kept low, as it seems it will be, then this may be a great low-end smartphone.
    Thanks Mal - that's where I saw the 16mm quote as well. At 61110x16mm that would make it close to the BB Curve (61x106.7x15.2) - another biz-oriented smartphone trying to be consumerish.
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 09/10/2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: fat finger
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Not as big as my 50 inch TV. Thats ginormous!!!

Surur
    curses you win again surur!
    I actually am impressed by how thin the "bezel" is. It should be competing in the "Q class" since Q was the first "$99 bux no touch screen smart phone.

I like its and Centro's design a lot. It nicely solve the "giant blank space between the screen and keyboard" problem the Q has.
    Using those numbers, and measured against the new picture, the screen is 50mm x 39mm, which (if my pythagoras holds) makes it only 2.5 inches. Still big, but not freakishly large

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I actually am impressed by how thin the "bezel" is. It should be competing in the "Q class" since Q was the first "$99 bux no touch screen smart phone.

I like its and Centro's design a lot. It nicely solve the "giant blank space between the screen and keyboard" problem the Q has.
    Because the PalmOS Centro is narrower, the borders dont look particularly thin.

Surur
    A reliable source informed us that Palm is to announce the new Treo 500v very soon. It will run Windows Mobile 6, will come with a 240320 screen, has 150MB of memory and communication will be possible using UMTS. The expansion slot will be Micro-SD, just like the Treo 750. The dimensions are slighly less than the Treo 750: 61110x16mm, and also the camera (2.0MP) and Bluetooth (v2.0) are slighly better. The device will be available in grey and white.
    Wait .. so what.. it doesn't have WIFI? Wi Not? In UK data is still terribly expensive. Thats just stupid....

Surur
    is it WM or is it POS?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post

I hope this means that the next generation of Treo's will exceed at the least the benchmark set by this smartphone.

I for one think this is a long overdue move by Palm to touch a market that does not need the full set of the ppc and touch screen. Being a former blackberry and Q user this would have been very appealing to me last year.

Regards
    graylion
    Unfortunately this mystery Vodafone WM device is stealing much of Palm's leak thunder.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I hope this means that the next generation of Treo's will exceed at the least the benchmark set by this smartphone.

I for one think this is a long overdue move by Palm to touch a market that does not need the full set of the ppc and touch screen. Being a former blackberry and Q user this would have been very appealing to me last year.

Regards
    Does this help?

We need more on the specs, but I suppose it has to have at least BT 2.0, 150+mb and a 2+mp camera?

ps bump the date to Q1 2008

Doesn't the 800w have a 1.3 Megapixel camera.... Not exactly raising the bar...

Surur
    Doesn't the 800w have a 1.3 Megapixel camera.... Not exactly raising the bar...

Surur
    Those were from the old specs leaked long ago...

Call me crazy but I'd be surprised if that is still the case after the Treo 500. Lots of room here for error as well as adjustment to product lines. I suppose around Dec we'll know better.

Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    ...this would have been very appealing to me last year....
    Although it's supposed to be inexpensive, the specs so far are "appealing...last year" as well - at least compared to the way I'd like to see Palm lead again.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast