1.    #1  
    I posted two days ago about being stuck in 1x and not getting EV on a new warranty replacement Treo.

As of yesterday, the radio portion stopped working altogether. I have another one coming in a few days though. Just have to use a backup phone.

I am wondering if firmware update to 1.15 (first thing I did when I got the phone) might have somehow caused it. Sprint is way too easy to offer a replacement without any real tech support at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    I posted two days ago about being stuck in 1x and not getting EV on a new warranty replacement Treo.

As of yesterday, the radio portion stopped working altogether. I have another one coming in a few days though. Just have to use a backup phone.

I am wondering if firmware update to 1.15 (first thing I did when I got the phone) might have somehow caused it. Sprint is way too easy to offer a replacement without any real tech support at all.
    Nope, it's the phone itself. You got a bad unit.

The first 700Wx (Sprint) i ever got had that happen. Thankfully it happened with a week because the store i bought it from had a two week return policy, so i would have had to send it to Palm or Sprint aand be without a phone for a few, so i exchanged it.

What happened to me was all of a sudden, the phone would continually be searching for service, with an "x" sign where the signal bar is and a few animated dots (...).

Has nothing to do with the 1.15 update.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    Agree that it is the phone. Now it will randomly be a very dark screen an the screen will not even turn on at times.

Lucky I have a backup.