Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Hello. I'm a new owner of a Treo 700wx, and I made the big leap of buying an eight gigabyte SDHC for my Treo -- there were some surprising results. After the hack, the device recognized the card, but only 4 gigs.

Try 1: I partitioned it; results: not good -- the Treo had no idea how to read both partitions.

Ok, try 2: format one contiguous 8GB partition and just stuff as many files on there as possible; result - the Treo is able to use all of the approx. 5GB of the files and the device still shows that there is free space!!!

So, the definitive answer: the Treo 700wx does, indeed, support >4GB cards and can read and write past the 4GB barrier. The way that I did it was by doing the SDHC hack, and formatting the 8GB card using FAT32 in one contiguous 8GB partition.

Simply put the files on the card using a PC, and the Treo will continuously show more and more free space until the card is completely full.

I did check to see if there were actually 5GB of files on the card, and even though the device reports 2.8GB used, there are 4.8GB on the card.

**Excellent work to whomever created the patch!

Note: I have a Verizon 700wx with firmware 1.24 to whomever is concerned. I cannot vouch for Sprint and Alltel customers.
    I am not sure if anyone is having this problem but I am not sure about how to get this loaded on my Bell 700wx. Please advise.

After much reading I finally figured out the problem. I was downloading and using unrar to open the file; instead of sending the .cab file to phone and allowing it to be installed.
    I would like to thank all who have contributed to this. I am truely greateful.
    Last edited by benj; 11/05/2008 at 10:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I installed this CAB and my Treo 700WX WM6 1.24 recognizes both my SD 2GB and SDHC 4GB. I have TomTom Navigator 6 on my SD. Will it work on my SDHC? Will try tonight.
    I have a Sprint 700wx with wm6.1 and my 8gig sdhc card reads perfect. I formatted this card first to FAT32...
    Quote Originally Posted by latonaj View Post
    I have a Sprint 700wx with wm6.1 and my 8gig sdhc card reads perfect. I formatted this card first to FAT32...
    Are you saying that 700wx with wm6.1 does not need any hacks to recognize SDHC cards? Thanks in advance.
    This CAB file is great if you want the space on your Treo 700w (rom version 1.22), however I have lost access to my WiFi card and would strongly not recommend it if you are using a WiFi card. Even after I uninstalled the CAB my WiFi card still will not work! reset both hard and soft several time! All I get now is the dreaded not enough memory error! Reinstalled Cab it it does even reconigze the Wifi card! No error message period!

Now heres the kicker I have three of these phones one that also has rom verison 1.22 it works with sd wireless card Flawlessly!The other has rom version 1.10 it works no problem also? I did not have this problem until I install the Cab file!
    I didn't have to do any reg tweaks with the 1.2 rom running wm6.1 - it read the card perfectly... I did however format this card on another machine before i inserted it and made it FAT32...
    Okay guys this post from another site solved my problem! I thought when you removed the battery that was a hard reset! However read this!

"Im pretty sure this will solve Your Wi-Fi problem. First do a Soft reset. Take off the battery and put it back on.

Then insert the card when the phone is back on . If it doesnt read your Wi-Fi card and the light on the wi-fi card

doesnt even turn on that means the memory card socket is probably dirty or it doesnt work. if the light on the Wi-Fi card is is solid green that means there is signal. When you get the Warning to turn off the radio. means to turn off

Bluetooth. If the green light on the Wi-Fi card its just blinking that means there is no Wi-Fi signal. you should still be

able to see the Wi-Fi icon in Wireless manager as Wi-Fi been unavailable. If you get the Warning "not enought

memory to load driver" you should reset your phone. If it still doesnt work. Do a hard reset. Press the End talk

Button while taking out the battery and put it back on with the Red End talk button still being pressed. It will

let you do a hard reset. But all your personal information will be lost, but your phone should now read your Wi-Fi

card. If it still does'nt read your Wi-Fi card and it gives you the same warning "not enough memory to load driver"

means you Wi-Fi card doesnt work. You should buy the Wi-Fi card directly from Palmone not from a third party

store or person. Trust me on this. I had the same problem and this is the solution."
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laplace123 View Post
    Hello. I'm a new owner of a Treo 700wx, and I made the big leap of buying an eight gigabyte SDHC for my Treo -- there were some surprising results. After the hack, the device recognized the card, but only 4 gigs.

Try 1: I partitioned it; results: not good -- the Treo had no idea how to read both partitions.

Ok, try 2: format one contiguous 8GB partition and just stuff as many files on there as possible; result - the Treo is able to use all of the approx. 5GB of the files and the device still shows that there is free space!!!

So, the definitive answer: the Treo 700wx does, indeed, support >4GB cards and can read and write past the 4GB barrier. The way that I did it was by doing the SDHC hack, and formatting the 8GB card using FAT32 in one contiguous 8GB partition.

Simply put the files on the card using a PC, and the Treo will continuously show more and more free space until the card is completely full.

I did check to see if there were actually 5GB of files on the card, and even though the device reports 2.8GB used, there are 4.8GB on the card.

**Excellent work to whomever created the patch!

Note: I have a Verizon 700wx with firmware 1.24 to whomever is concerned. I cannot vouch for Sprint and Alltel customers.
    Can anyone confirm that #2 works?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    i have a 4gb sdhc ultra 2 card in my treo 700wx and not even 1 gig on it im getting memory low msg and not able to open or complete some operations even through when i look on the storage card it shows 52.37mb in use of 3721.42mb any suggestions on why this is happening
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567